How are you practicing during lockdown??

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Made up a little game with my PuttOut

Micro Target is 5 points
“Made” putt that hits the micro target is 3
Other “Made” putt is 2
Lip out is 1 point.
Missed target is 0 points

Ive combined it with my Putting Rail to narrow the target further, it’s also good as it is smooth and not bumpy like the carpet. I also putt without the rail to see if it helps improve my score as without it is slightly easier.

Thanks to the advice from the Experts thread my points totals are slowly trending upwards!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Going to do an experiment with different types of balls with all markings covered in black tape and hit them into the net and see if I can guess the make and model from feel alone. Think we all know the outcome but it may go some way to proving an average golfer has no idea what ball he is hitting. Also gets me working on my swing as a double whammy

D

Deleted member 25172

I’m very close to getting some speed sticks, but cannot seem to pull the trigger when it comes to the fact that it’s £100+ for essentially just a piece of stick with a weight on.

Any other recommendations on exercises to improve swing speed?

Reactions: Zig

Diamond

Visit site
Not practicing at all. I am going for a walk today and tomorrow and that is the only time I leave the house until next week.
I work from home so my box room is now my office. It’s dark when I start and dark when I finish. Pretty miserable existence But there are people much much worse off.

Tiger man

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I’m very close to getting some speed sticks, but cannot seem to pull the trigger when it comes to the fact that it’s £100+ for essentially just a piece of stick with a weight on.

Can just swing a driver really fast with 5 sets of 5 or 6 swings, couple of minutes between sets. You will swing faster with no ball there so is still overspeed training.

Last edited:

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
There sure are a lot of Accustrike clones on Amazon at the moment, at £10 that’s a £50 saving.

No reviews of course so no idea if they are as good or not.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Using my putt out indoors, but I've got a paved garden so just swinging air shots out there, obviously not connecting with the ground. Concentrating more on fitness tbh.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

I'm sure @Wolf will be able to explain better, but I'd focus on explosive training - Cleans, Snatches, Swings, jump squats, clap push ups, box jumps if you want to get faster.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Winter season sends me almost to hibernation for golf, I'll play some weeks in the 9 holes but otherwise nothing. I really should learn as my first few qualifying games back are usually full of fats, thins and Duff's.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Just had a 10 minute hit in my indoor net. Left knee is now knackered, so time to put my feet up. Still hunting the elusive 80mph 6i. Am regularly swinging at 78, the odd 79, but only seen one 80 about 6 months ago. Used to swing 80 all the time, so getting older and more decrepit sucks.

Probably won't use the net again til the next lock down.

D

Deleted member 25172

I'm sure @Wolf will be able to explain better, but I'd focus on explosive training - Cleans, Snatches, Swings, jump squats, clap push ups, box jumps if you want to get faster.

He hasn’t been logged in since August! ? Hope he’s alright though!
Yeah, doing loads of jump squats currently. Legs are killing me! :)

Dibby

Assistant Pro
Visit site
He hasn’t been logged in since August! ? Hope he’s alright though!
Yeah, doing loads of jump squats currently. Legs are killing me! :)

Get strong, get powerful, then get fast!

Sounds so simple.

My biggest observation in this area is people always want to run before they can walk. They want to do "golf specific" exercises or focus on speed and power, when their general condition is not that that good in terms of mobility, strength, work capacity etc.. They'd gain a lot more (in golf and general life) by just doing the basics and becoming generally more athletic.

D

Deleted member 25172

Get strong, get powerful, then get fast!

Sounds so simple.

My biggest observation in this area is people always want to run before they can walk. They want to do "golf specific" exercises or focus on speed and power, when their general condition is not that that good in terms of mobility, strength, work capacity etc.. They'd gain a lot more (in golf and general life) by just doing the basics and becoming generally more athletic.

I think Im working on the general side, mixing HIIT, 5-8km runs and doing stretching/yoga throughout the week.

I have done this since November, and the difference is like night and day since the start, which is really encouraging!

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think Im working on the general side, mixing HIIT, 5-8km runs and doing stretching/yoga throughout the week.

I have done this since November, and the difference is like night and day since the start, which is really encouraging!

No practice as such but I've been trying to get fitter by doing the HasFit warrior programme on you tube. Day to day it changes from stretching, strength and HIIT. I cant believe how bad my balance and flexibility have become.

Hoping it will help the swing when we can finally play again.