How are you practicing during lockdown??

Hammertoe

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Obviously most of us are lockdown and not able to play golf, so I was just wondering how you guys are practicing at the moment? Are you putting in the living room? Hitting into a net? Or even just staring at the clubs and wishing your course was open again?

I'm lucky enough to live very remotely and own a small piece of land so I can hit balls over the field and then I take my 2 small kids and the dog down every couple of days and collect the balls. Can hit anything from a wedge up to a 5 iron, I could hit more but would lose those balls.

Just interested really to see if anyone is doing anything similar?

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have a net set up, and using a garmin G80. I play a virtual round every day. I use a Spurk mat but occasionally hit one off the grass.
Will see if it pays off when the the course opens.. currently though it’s keeping me entertained.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Err, I'm not?

In the first lockdown I bought a cheap practise net and some foam balls (since I didn't have that much faith in the cheap net). I quickly realised that not really seeing the ball flight makes it of limited use and it gets boring quickly. I only used the thing twice in that whole 7 weeks or whatever it was. It's now awkwardly stuffed into the shed because I couldn't be bothered to fold it down properly either. (It was awkward to put up, it's basically the same as a tent.)

I will probably get bored enough to get it out at some point. But, the back lawn is really long as I accidentally stopped cutting too soon before winter - so I'd have to get the lawnmower out first and look like a crazy man cutting his lawn in January. Also the mat I bought to hit balls off was a small flimsy one which didn't sit flat and the balls kept rolling off of it, so I'd have to buy a new heavier mat really. There's just so many obstacles here. :LOL:

I would never dream of practising putting on a carpet, that must be so different to putting on an actual green that it renders it completely pointless.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
My putting rail and PuttOut.

Might get a putting mirror too so I can check eye position without using the putting rail (it’s metal so you can see reflection).

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Not doing a thing.

I injured my shoulder just before Xmas and was playing thru the pain. Am making the best of a bad situation and hoping rest will help it heal.

Even if I didn't have that, the weather has been so awful this week, the thought of going out in the garden to practice is not very a appealing.

Mike79

Visit site
Wooden floors, so indoor putting isn’t ideal. No net or mat outside. Lawn a bit of a mess at the moment as had it aerated but will be cutting again soon which will tidy it up, and then I may get some chipping in. Right now, I walk past my bag, pull out 8iron, give it a few waggles and put it back in the bag... Always fancied a putting green in the garden though...

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Nada. Usually take winters off anyway so not bothered. I went to a range twice since October and to say the results were hilariously awful would be an understatement. Whatever, no point worrying or doing anything about it until go-time (hopefully Feb? March?!).

gary996

Visit site
Ruined my game during the first lockdown by smashing balls in to the net, so very little this time!
I do have some speed sticks so will crack on with those to make sure I’m improving rather than losing speed.