House of Dragon - **May Contain Spoilers**

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ridiculously good last episode.

another forum I am on are deep in the weeds about it and there are guys that have vast knowledge about GOT. From the dragons that we’ve seen, not seen who rides which dragon etc. it’s ridiculous the depth and breadth of the series and the storylines.

bring on season 2.…shame it possibly won’t be until 2024

D-S

Visit site
I enjoyed it and it piqued my interest to rewatch a couple of GOT episodes from my favourite season (6).
House of Dragons didn’t compare favourably though. I had forgotten the light and shade of GOT (HOD is certainly monotone), there were great quips from Tyrion and the Sand Snakes, multiple story lines and an ultimate villain in Ramsey Bolton, coupled with Jon Snow coming back from the dead and a Wilding attack - all of this in just two episodes. The last season of GOT soured my memory of such great TV.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I enjoyed it and it piqued my interest to rewatch a couple of GOT episodes from my favourite season (6).
House of Dragons didn’t compare favourably though. I had forgotten the light and shade of GOT (HOD is certainly monotone), there were great quips from Tyrion and the Sand Snakes, multiple story lines and an ultimate villain in Ramsey Bolton, coupled with Jon Snow coming back from the dead and a Wilding attack - all of this in just two episodes. The last season of GOT soured my memory of such great TV.

I agree, HOD does not match up to the best seasons of GOT but I still found it very similar to the first that really only moved beyond the intrigue and back stabbing in the last episode with the shock ending. I guess by having 2 sides that can be both evil and sympathetic, it lacks the almost pantomime evil of Joffrey and it does lack a character like Tyrion (but most shows lack a character of that quality) and he one developed further dimension after the murder of Joffrey. I think fairer comparison can be made after season 2 when the scope expands beyond pretty much just Kings Landing and Dragonstone and now that we are in open conflict as opposed to political conflict.

D-S

Visit site
I agree, HOD does not match up to the best seasons of GOT but I still found it very similar to the first that really only moved beyond the intrigue and back stabbing in the last episode with the shock ending. I guess by having 2 sides that can be both evil and sympathetic, it lacks the almost pantomime evil of Joffrey and it does lack a character like Tyrion (but most shows lack a character of that quality) and he one developed further dimension after the murder of Joffrey. I think fairer comparison can be made after season 2 when the scope expands beyond pretty much just Kings Landing and Dragonstone and now that we are in open conflict as opposed to political conflict.
Let’s hope so, shame we have to wait until 2024 to find out.

Swango1980

Visit site
I thought it was decent. Slow starter, but plenty of memorable action.

I guess in the first season, viewers don't know any of the characters at all, so plenty of time is required on character development. That way we care about the action when it finally starts. I suspect once you get into future seasons, you know most of the characters, and so character development can be restricted more to new characters, and more action generally.

Good last episode.