Holiday review and summat for everyone.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
This could of been two threads but you know me a man of few words.
long story short I have got to know some very good Italian friends and one is married to an English woman, who I consider to be one of the funniest people in the world and one of the few women who actually make me laugh.
anyway, some of the places I have visited in Italy have been nothing short of sensational. holidays that English people tend not to have and restaurants that an English person would not give a second glance at.
week last Sunday morning, Mr and Missis Tash returned from an island in the bay of Naples called Ischia. It was stunning, full of Germans and Italians and we saw one English person and she has been working there for 15 years. The island was fantastic for exploring with some fantastic small towns and gorgeous restaurants. The Posiodon spa was unbelievable. The English woman who we met in the Spa said you need to tell the English what they are missing out on. So there you go.
Easyjet from Stanstead to Napoli (Dump). taxi to Beverello port. Ask for price first. hydrofoil to Ischia Port or Forio.

Anyway. This is where it went massively tits up. Our return to England went pear shaped to the extent that the plane was delayed for 11 hours and if you have been in that situation yourselves. It's a wonder no one is throttled at the airport.
the fact that's Missis T left the light on the car when we arrived and the battery was flat which meant calling the AA at midnight tipped us over the edge.

However, word spread around the airport that if you are delayed for over 3 hours and your flight is over 1500km. You can claim up to €400 Euro per person. And seeing as there was 5 in our party. With the great help of a very nice young man called Martin Lewis, Missis Tash sent off an Email to Easyjet. Sometime today Missis Tash recieved an email saying Soz and offering €400 Euro per person. boom. The crap end of an excellent holiday turned into a massive result.
so if you are delayed and you can back date the delays. Well off you go.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Don't tell everyone about Ischia, or the small island of Procida next door! Don't believe what this man says!!

Personally, I prefer Ischia to Capri. And in 29 days time we will be sipping Limoncello, and watching the sun set over the Bay of Naples. Ischia will be in front of us and Capri to our left. Sorrento is our destination, only the 5th time in 8 years. We've done Rome, Venice & Sicily twice in that time but always end up back at Sorrento. Multo buono

Tashyboy

Visit site
Can you bring me back some Limone pasta, and Buffalo milk butter from the airport, (downstairs). pleeze. €1.50 a bar. Had me best Pizza ever in Ischia. Thought Capri was massively overrated and expensive compared to the cheap Ischia.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
The pasta, yes, but you've no chance of the butter finding its way to you.... yummy... nom, nom, nom.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Beware of pickpockets especially at Napoli train station. I was " picked" as we tried to travel to Sorrento.:mad:
Strangely , all the notice boards were in Italian,it's first time i've regretted not taking my Latin lessons serious :rofl:

Last edited:

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Beware of pickpockets, I was "picked" at Napoli train station, while trying to make our way to Sorrento.:mad:

Only done Naples once. The only place I've ever felt very uncomfortable in. Take two turns off the main street and it was horrendous...

Tashyboy

Visit site
Beware of pickpockets, I was "picked" at Napoli train station, while trying to make our way to Sorrento.:mad:
Thats one of the reasons we paid €25 for a taxi straight to the port, as against €3 for the bus.
a pickpocket had his hand in my bag in Milan in an ice cream shop in front of the Duomo Square I had hold of him and was about to unload the hammer and bomb, when the Italian locals told me not to as they carry knives and are not afraid to use them. A pal had same experience at the San Siro football stadium and unloaded one. He said it was like hitting a horses head.