Higher Handicappers - ever short of the green ?

Macster

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Herb, stop being pedantic, he obviously has a fair few faults other than his judgement to the green, it was just something I thought might help some.

If you're off 9, you aint hitting many bad ones, as I aren't, off 11.

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Herb, stop being pedantic, he obviously has a fair few faults other than his judgement to the green, it was just something I thought might help some.

If you're off 9, you aint hitting many bad ones, as I aren't, off 11.

Which just goes to show, some people dont want to hear what people have to say unless they are saying 'you are just brilliant handsome and a fantastic person!'

I didnt raise the post, Im simply offering an opinion, if you dont want to read my opinion on a FORUM!!!! just close your eyes or ask everyone to just post statements rather than questions or requests for advice.

Its strange how I have on a few occasions found myself reacting to direct criticism of myself or my opinions,yet I have never instigated such myself. I simply answer the queries on the forum honestly, I dont insult people unless in reply to insult, perhaps you should try this.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Herb,

Just posted a reply to DelB on the GPS telling you what club to hit thread. I think it may be applicable to you. For what its worth I have no issue with how opinionated or left field anyones views are (yours aren't btw) but it is a forum and everyone has the right to agree or not. Whether it gets insulting is down to individuals and their reactions. I've done it so not going to preach but it is normally a help to the majority to try and keep it sensible and friendly

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
I am too inconsistant with my grip, one minute I will have a draw and the next I change it slightly then its a fade, I have found though if I use a baseball grip I loose 10 yards on each club but they don't half go straight!! The wonders of the beautiful game :)

Higher Handicappers - ever short of the green ?

The only time I over shoot the green is when I have slightly thinned it, I was going this yesterday on the range with a 50 & 60* some where flying like a 5 iron lol I am pretty sure I was lifting my head a tad early

must.keep.looking.at.ball.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
must.keep.looking.at.ball.

Slightly off thread I suppose but in conection with above quote...

I have mentioned this friend before - well into his 70's, plays off a genuine 16, his longest drive is 150 yds, I've never seen him hit a par 4 green in regulation (always short (link to OP ) ;)). His secret is that off the tee he never watches his ball, he just watches where his tee went knowing that the ball will be on the fairway or, if not, we would have spotted it for him. Same with 2nd and 3rd shots, just watches where his divot goes.

Works for him. Rarely misses a fairway and a short game to die for.

At the end of the day tha scorecard doesn't say HOW, but HOW MANY.