Green staked areas

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Why does it matter how difficult it used to be to get out of the areas? Surely it matters more that any relief now doesn’t overly favour the player from the cleared area?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Why does it matter how difficult it used to be to get out of the areas? Surely it matters more that any relief now doesn’t overly favour the player from the cleared area?
It is very unlikely but in theory if it is now less penal to take relief now than it was before then the CR may be affected.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It is very unlikely but in theory if it is now less penal to take relief now than it was before then the CR may be affected.
Agree, but my point is that the OP , and some others seem to want the ‘penalty’ for landing in the cleared area to be equal to the uncleared area when the ball was usually lost or unplayable. This sounds wrong to me, you don’t get penalties when you land in an area of rough that has been recently cut back

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
I can see why you would like the areas to be deemed to be Penalty Areas but IMO they would better be marked with red (or possibly yellow stakes). The relief from either is slightly different. See Rule 17.
There should be a Local Rule specifying the areas concerned and mandating that they are No Play Zones.

If the committee don't want to impose a penalty, they could leave the green stakes and declare the areas to be GUR and NPZs.

How are the DZs identified? Because the LR should also specify how they are identified and where they are. It should also specify how the relief procedure works.
I'ma bit puzzled. If they were marked with red or yellow stakes they would be Penalty Areas.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
After questioning with a committee member this week, this was issued in our weekly news letter.

Gentle reminder to members regarding the ruling for the conservation areas, which are designated via green stakes.

Players receive a free drop in the designated drop zones.

Given these are conservation areas players are prohibited from entering these areas:

rulie

Head Pro
Visit site
After questioning with a committee member this week, this was issued in our weekly news letter.

Gentle reminder to members regarding the ruling for the conservation areas, which are designated via green stakes.

Players receive a free drop in the designated drop zones.

Given these are conservation areas players are prohibited from entering these areas:
At least they clarified how to play those areas. I wonder what the non-golf penalty is for entering those areas?

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
NPZs must be GUR or PAs
I know that, of course, but it was this that puzzled me:
I can see why you would like the areas to be deemed to be Penalty Areas but IMO they would better be marked with red (or possibly yellow stakes).
I think, on reflection, you maybe meant that the PA would be better marked by stakes rather than defined in some other way?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I know that, of course, but it was this that puzzled me:
I can see why you would like the areas to be deemed to be Penalty Areas but IMO they would better be marked with red (or possibly yellow stakes).
I think, on reflection, you maybe meant that the PA would be better marked by stakes rather than defined in some other way?
Aah, I see the confusion.
When I posted, we hadn't been told how they were marked and I thought they were green staked. I was only after when I asked about the DZ I found the green stakes identified the DZ.