Hermes

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Why do people use them?

Lost another parcel of mine that was supposed to be delivered to me. Last update from Hermes was when they collected the parcel and from there it has never even made it to the process centre.

Utterly clueless and incompetent.

Hence why I use TNT or Parcel Force.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
They are the cheapest out there. It's the same reason people buy from Primark even though the clothes stretch, fall apart, lose colour etc.

No, I don't use them either.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've used them 5 times to deliver 2 sets of irons , 2 putters and set of wedges . Dropped off at local shop on a Thursday morning and delivered on Sat and Monday for the last two , so no complaints here but will heed your comments ?

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My wife recently returned an item to a supplier. Hermes charged her £3 EIGHT times. No number to call and several emails unanswered.
She had to get her bank involved to get a refund.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I use Hermes a lot.
Rarely have an issue
Hermes also deliver a fair bit to us...the odd "left behind the bins" but rather that than mess about rearranging

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Cheap and nasty for a reason. How you can lose a parcel from pick up to dropping it off at a processing centre really defies all logic.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Perhaps it's the unmarked private cars of the self eomployed courier's they use.....round here any way;)

Yip, scanned out of the shop never to be seen again!

How utterly bizarre. Shouldn't be too difficult to work out where it went missing if it's then never been scanned into the sorting centre!

???

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Had aggro with one item I sold on Ebay using Hermes.... they claim they left it it a neighbour in some flats in London who then denied any knowledge... insurance covered most of it, but not worth the fuss. I sell much less stuff on EBay these days and it mostly goes using HM Postal Services will tracking etc if of any value. I have had stuff delivered and chucked over the fence by Hermes blokes or left on the front lawn!

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Maybe Hermes for private customers isn’t as good as it is for businesses, but our delivery manager benchmarked all the usual ones against each other and they all came out the same, so we use Hermes as the cheapest. But we are dealing in pallets to their distribution centre.

Personally I would sell larger items only as collection and would use Royal Mail for small items.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Maybe Hermes for private customers isn’t as good as it is for businesses, but our delivery manager benchmarked all the usual ones against each other and they all came out the same, so we use Hermes as the cheapest. But we are dealing in pallets to their distribution centre.

Personally I would sell larger items only as collection and would use Royal Mail for small items.

That's fair enough but it's the incompetence of collecting a parcel yet losing it again before it arrives at the sorting centre!!!

Find that utterly bizarre at best, dishonesty a distinct possibility.

U

User62651

Hermes have been ok for me but they are always 2 days late collecting which is very frustrating.

Had trouble with Parcelforce twice recently, did an ebay sale for an Argos in Sainsburys collection address - Parcelforce got signed in by Sainsburys staff but the Argos people then rejected the package as oversized and claim they sent it back with the courier. Parcelforce say that didn't happen. I know who I believe. £30 down but as the oversize thing was an oversight by me I let it go after several attempts to find the package. Where it is now - no one knows - never came back to me and buyer couldn't get it as Argos rejected it. My trust in Parcelforce has gone.

Got to watch that Argos collection option thing with Ebay if you are selling, even if a parcel size/weight is fine for Parcelforce, Argos have their own size limits. Lesson learned.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
All courier delivery performance very much depends on the quality of the local depot. Only extremely rarely with there be any problems, damage excepted, within their network.

I've only ever had issues with Hermes (and I don't these days) during school holidays - where local depot's policy of using part-time drivers, who disappeared during school hols, got exposed.