Hermes

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
No. I've lived a quintessentially chaste and honorable life as you might well have guessed.
I only know from my extensive reading on diverse subjects.:cool:
How appropriate that you are near the 'home of puratinism' then!
There's so much you might have missed out on! Scott Carpenter, Peter Fonda, Jimmy Buffet, Zac Brown et al describe a far more 'involved' lifestyle!

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
My herpes

truly the worst couriers in the world

Avoid at all costs

One of our suppliers was going to move to them, we informed them unless they used a different carrier we would not place any more orders.

Totally unprofessional company.
Drivers are normally "iffy" individuals, delivering in beaten up estate cars that at times don't look road worthy.
Dump stuff anywhere
Lie about deliveries
Loose things
Nightmare to get hold of

etc etc
Could also be describing Yodel!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I use them because they're the cheapest courier option on ebay, and you're more likely to attract a buyer if delivery is £5 than if it's £12. Simple as that. I haven't had a serious problem with them yet either. I don't think their drivers are particularly well vetted or trained, that's all. I did have one leave a package in a bin once - luckily we weren't away that week on bin collection day, haha. But yeah I've not had any disputes with them yet, touch wood.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I use them because they're the cheapest courier option on ebay, and you're more likely to attract a buyer if delivery is £5 than if it's £12. Simple as that. I haven't had a serious problem with them yet either. I don't think their drivers are particularly well vetted or trained, that's all. I did have one leave a package in a bin once - luckily we weren't away that week on bin collection day, haha. But yeah I've not had any disputes with them yet, touch wood.

I can’t say that’s ever made a difference to me tbh. I include postage in what I wanna pay total tbh. That being said, I’ve paid a small amount extra when buying stuff online somas to avoid delivery by either yodel or Hermes.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I can’t say that’s ever made a difference to me tbh. I include postage in what I wanna pay total tbh. That being said, I’ve paid a small amount extra when buying stuff online somas to avoid delivery by either yodel or Hermes.
If there's only one of the item yes, but if I'm selling a 3 wood at the same price as all the others listed, but they're delivery cost is higher then mine is more likely to sell. The majority of people don't think to avoid certain couriers, they just see the cost.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
If there's only one of the item yes, but if I'm selling a 3 wood at the same price as all the others listed, but they're delivery cost is higher then mine is more likely to sell. The majority of people don't think to avoid certain couriers, they just see the cost.

id say this thread shows some people do consider couriers.
‘’I accept that it may be a difference maker if there are a few buy it now options.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
id say this thread shows some people do consider couriers.
‘’I accept that it may be a difference maker if there are a few buy it now options.
Some yeah but Joe Public doesn't. Those of us commenting here are obviously a little bit au fait with buying and selling clubs, but a lot of people on ebay are just occasional buyers, and they'll go for the lowest cost every time. They wouldn't know if Hermes are good, bad, whatever.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Some yeah but Joe Public doesn't. Those of us commenting here are obviously a little bit au fait with buying and selling clubs, but a lot of people on ebay are just occasional buyers, and they'll go for the lowest cost every time. They wouldn't know if Hermes are good, bad, whatever.
Theres no real way to know if that's the case tbh. Imo a reason amazon is so successful is because of their courier system. Our office is pretty much a delivery point becuase everyone has partners that also work and we're the first office in the building. Hermes is without doubt the least frequent visitor

I mean, f I'm buying a 99pscreen cover I'll use whatever cheap postal service is on offer. But I'd imagine most people buying things of real value will have an idea of couriers. I don't think being golfers makes any difference, in fact, with the prices of some gear we buy. It Could be argued we're not a great example of being money savvy ??

JollyRedDevil

Club Champion
Visit site
Not Hermes but DPD for me. They delivered a parcel and emailed me saying it was left in the porch. Arrived home and nothing in the porch and the wife had been in all day. Clicked on the link in the email to see proof of delivery and there it was, a photo of my parcel in the porch, only it wasn't my porch:mad:. Looked a bit suspicious when I was going round the neighbors with a torch trying to find the one in the photo. It was about 10 houses down the road and on the opposite site.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Doesn't stop them doing it though does it;)

It doesn’t, but people using Hermes need to be aware, that, should any driver delivering goods who doesn’t have Goods in Transit and more importantly, Hire & Reward insurance for his car or van as it’s being used for business use, not domestic, if that vehicle was in an accident and/or simply stopped by the police in a docs check, all the goods in transit could be seized, along with the vehicle!

I doubt Hermes would be interested in any claims and simply state it was the self employed drivers responsibility, but I don’t agree with company attitudes like that, those companies should display a duty of care and ensure all their drivers have the correct docs and check on them at regular intervals.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Found a replica shaft on eBay, bought it from a reputable eBay company that I'm happy using.

Just got notification that my shaft has been posted, and to my horror it's blooming HERMES that they've changed too.

???

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
i hate them, the wife gets a fair bit of stuff delivered and they seem to always us them, they come in the driveway gates and leave it open, then go out the front gate and leave that open too..... every fecking time.. both have signes on saying shut the gate as the Dog is lose:poop: