Hermes

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Cheap and nasty for a reason. How you can lose a parcel from pick up to dropping it off at a processing centre really defies all logic.
As a member of the constabulary I am sure you have your suspicions.

It grew legs and walked out of the truck straight into someone else’s hands who now has a lovely new ......

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
As a member of the constabulary I am sure you have your suspicions.

It grew legs and walked out of the truck straight into someone else’s hands who now has a lovely new ......

Well hopefully the so and so needed a regular shaft as I'm a man and still need stiff flex!

??

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have used myhermes ever since Royal Mail went to size based rates and ParcelForce hiked their prices knowing the stuff would have to by them .

My poor experiences number only two one down to poor packaging by the sender and one with not so good packaging by me.

Last week however is the first time that I have had a delivery to me go missing and that is something I have experienced with PF

Like all carriers you do have to read the small print about what and what not is covered for loss or damage.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Just thought I'd add on to this thread. I had a parcels delivered by Hermes today at noon and then an email confirmed the delivery. At 20:50 this evening I had another email saying the delivery was delayed but would be delivered today. At 20:55 I got another email to say my parcel had been delivered at 21:24!
Makes interesting reading for sure :D

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Just thought I'd add on to this thread. I had a parcels delivered by Hermes today at noon and then an email confirmed the delivery. At 20:50 this evening I had another email saying the delivery was delayed but would be delivered today. At 20:55 I got another email to say my parcel had been delivered at 21:24!
Makes interesting reading for sure :D

I’ve had similar, because they’re not using the hand held pods, I think when they’ve finished, they’re downloading them all later once home, hence the late notifications that the delivery has been made.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
I currently have three claims pending against Hermes for parcels, all deposited at the Parcel Shop at the same time, which arrived at the buyers empty. The claims process was a nightmare, Hermes insisted on treating each one separately as an item the buyer wanted to return & wouldn't take any action until 8 days had elapsed, to allow time for me & the buyer to reach agreement.

Eventually, without any help from E Bay, I submitted three claims, which have gone to Hermes' insurers, who say that the claim may take up to 90 days to process.

Things can go wrong with any courier but, for me, the worst part has been the system they use to pu things right.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
And they’re just introducing a price increase?

When you see the cars (marginally roadworthy) rammed delivering them, no doubt without the correct insurances, it’s no wonder they have such a poor name and service.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
And they’re just introducing a price increase?

When you see the cars (marginally roadworthy) rammed delivering them, no doubt without the correct insurances, it’s no wonder they have such a poor name and service.

Quality control is defo questionable

We are very very lucky out local Hermes man has his own van, he does some Amazon deliveries aswell. He's really efficient aswell

However when the wife lived at home her local guy was awful

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Quality control is defo questionable

We are very very lucky out local Hermes man has his own van, he does some Amazon deliveries aswell. He's really efficient aswell

However when the wife lived at home her local guy was awful

The ‘local guy’ is only a small Coggs in the whole operation though, any parcel is transferred to no less than 4-5 vehicles and handled multiple times.

This is where the issues arise.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The ‘local guy’ is only a small Coggs in the whole operation though, any parcel is transferred to no less than 4-5 vehicles and handled multiple times.

This is where the issues arise.

Appreciate this. However in 5 years touch wood ofc I have not had a single issue , the issues I've had from delivery companies have been parcel force and ups

Ofc this is all luck, I didn't expect the parcelforce man to be a complete (bad word) not wanting to press my bell because it would record him.. it records soon as you step on the drive

Wolf

Visit site
For as bad as Hermes are at leaving parcels in non descript locations they still are far from the worst parcel service I've used. That award goes to UPS, last year I sold 2 items in the same day here on the forum. 1 was to LT who bought my Cobra driver off me, the other was my dad's Arccos can't remember who to now. LT parcel i sent via Hermes as was showing as best option for delivery time's and indeed it arrived the day after shipping from Lincoln to Northumberland with no issues.

The Arccos i sent via UPS because the delivery address wasn't recognised by Hermes. Even though the address was only 45 miles from my home. UPS then proceeded to lose the item somewhere for 7 days, only then to deliver it but not to where it was meant to go, not even the correct postal code area or county. Took 2 weeks further of chasing for them to finally deliver it to correct address.