MyHermes - a funny one

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
Good old MyHerpes! Sold a putter last week & tried to send it via EBay's Packlink service, which is operated by Hermes. Got as far as inputting the Postcode & it told me the Postcode was invalid. Looked it up on the Royal Mail website & it was correct. So I went into my own MyHermes account & sent it from there. Dropped it off at the parcel shop up the road last Tuesday 3rd. By Friday it had not been received & the tracking was still showing as "at the Parcel Shop". So I rang the shop & they confirmed that it wasn't there & would have been collected on the Tuesday afternoon.

So I raised an issue with Hermes &, soon after, the tracking showed the item to have been received by the parcel shop on Monday 9th. The putter has been delivered today. There is no explanation as to where it has been in the intervening 8 days. I am wondering if it would have ever been delivered if the recipient had simply reported it as not delivered & asked for a refund.

Hermes definitely move in mysterious ways. I would use Royal Mail, but they aren't perfect & the cost puts EBay buyers off. I recently bought a shaft, sold locally, for £9.99 because the postage of £12.49 put all the other buyers off. At least if they lose things you get reimbursed. I claimed on their insurance recently & I got full settlement in less than a month.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Don't see anything funny about the, it's pretty much standard for MyHerpes. One time I chased up a seller about my delivery & he was told it was at the Croydon depot. When it eventually appeared the code on it suggested it had come from Weybridge...

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The scary thing is that all of the courier companies barcode their parcels and they should be scanned each time they move. That means they know where they are each leg of the journey, we the customer know as well. I know this because I've heard it over and over from a full range of carriers, hauliers etc. Some of them get quite put out when I start to laugh at this point :LOL:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
The scary thing is that all of the courier companies barcode their parcels and they should be scanned each time they move. That means they know where they are each leg of the journey, we the customer know as well. I know this because I've heard it over and over from a full range of carriers, hauliers etc. Some of them get quite put out when I start to laugh at this point :LOL:

It’s only as good as the person with the portable scanner!

If a parcel arrived at an incorrect depot (miss-sort), because it was put on, by a human, an incorrect outbound trunk, then the integrity is solely on the shift that unloads it and identifies it, if they scan it, it will show up as in an incorrect depot, and they will put it back into the system, if it doesn’t get scanned, for various reasons, then it will then disappear with no knowledge of where it went, and probably never turn up!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I once had a delivery to me go missing for 2 weeks.

The seller was just about to refund me when it turned up.

From what was on the box it had gone out to France and back.

Had a similar problem to yours with ParcelForce a couple of years back. The tracking never showed it as being delivered and was permanently at hub. The buyer never complained about non receipt so.............

Golfnut1957

Visit site
I've spent years swapping and changing my gear, buying and then selling, posting and then losing the item. They all can be a bit iffy but Hermes are definitely the worst.

My best not getting delivered story is a putter I sent to a guy in Liverpool. The address he gave was the security gate at the Cadbury's factory in Liverpool, fairly well known I believe and about 3 miles from the Hermes depot. That putter left the depot every day for a week and every night the tracking showed it returned to the depot. I was constantly on to them, which of course is nigh on impossible. I was using the online chat and found myself copying and pasting my conversations so I didn't have to keep repeating myself.
The buyer was brilliant, very supportive and very helpful, he offered to go to the depot to pick it up but they said he couldn't. In the end I had returned to me, received a refund and sent it him via Parcelforce.

To this day I have no idea why they couldn't find the delivery address, I did in two minutes using google maps.

Another funny, totally unrelated thing. I couldn't get to sleep last night so I played a round on your course (South Shields) in my head, I got the 5th and fell asleep. I finished the round off this morning when I woke up.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
I've spent years swapping and changing my gear, buying and then selling, posting and then losing the item. They all can be a bit iffy but Hermes are definitely the worst.

My best not getting delivered story is a putter I sent to a guy in Liverpool. The address he gave was the security gate at the Cadbury's factory in Liverpool, fairly well known I believe and about 3 miles from the Hermes depot. That putter left the depot every day for a week and every night the tracking showed it returned to the depot. I was constantly on to them, which of course is nigh on impossible. I was using the online chat and found myself copying and pasting my conversations so I didn't have to keep repeating myself.
The buyer was brilliant, very supportive and very helpful, he offered to go to the depot to pick it up but they said he couldn't. In the end I had returned to me, received a refund and sent it him via Parcelforce.

To this day I have no idea why they couldn't find the delivery address, I did in two minutes using google maps.

Another funny, totally unrelated thing. I couldn't get to sleep last night so I played a round on your course (South Shields) in my head, I got the 5th and fell asleep. I finished the round off this morning when I woke up.
Did you have a good score?

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
They have lost 2 of my clubs in the last month absolute useless company but cheap.
Also today received a parcel virtually squashed.
Also sent a set of clubs to a lady who left feedback saying she received them almost out the box.
Parcel2go are worse apparently according to SAS golf who’s lost a £1000 pounds worth of clubs lately.
What can you do they have to go with someone.

Mark_Aged_42

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I sent a set of clubs using myHermes and the box arrived with only the 6 iron remaining.
Also sent a plate, wrapped in bubble wrap, inside a box, which was itself wrapped in bubble wrap inside another box.
I think the parcel was dropped from orbit, thats how much damage was inflicted.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
I sent a set of clubs using myHermes and the box arrived with only the 6 iron remaining.
Also sent a plate, wrapped in bubble wrap, inside a box, which was itself wrapped in bubble wrap inside another box.
I think the parcel was dropped from orbit, thats how much damage was inflicted.

You must have had this guy load up!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You must have had this guy load up!

I have seen videos of what goes on inside the depots of other delivery companies on other watchdog type programmes.

I always pack assuming the parcel is going to thrown from pillar to post via wall with any delivery company.