myHermes - gutted

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
my wife had a parcel delivered by them this week it required a signature, but they just shoved it though the letterbox, broke it and turned out the driver signed for it himself.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Another Hermes tale of woe and yet more hassle for a poor recipient. How are such a shoddy company still in business? I'm not always an advocate of naming and shaming on social media but could see a case here, if only to warn other people of their shoddy practice of forging a signature and saying a parcel was delivered

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Never had a problem. Obviously we are lucky but, probably more likely, we have facilities for small parcel drop and if a delivery is scheduled someone is always in.

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Again use them hundreds of times without a problem. It does sadly come down to the individual at your end, who in my case is very good

Dogma

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I had this with ParcelForce.

Found an M2 5 Wood in the same Adilia shaft as my driver for a great price on eBay.

After a good week or so I contacted the seller to ask when he would send it, and then we found out it had actually been delivered (not to my address) and someone had signed for it (visibly not my signature!)

PayPal didn't want to know. Nor eBay claims. Or the seller.

As in each of their eyes it had in fact been delivered despite me saying it hadn't and it wasn't my signature.

I have a claim currently with a Parcel Force, but have not heard a peep for over 6 months.

Not holding my breath.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had this with ParcelForce.

Found an M2 5 Wood in the same Adilia shaft as my driver for a great price on eBay.

After a good week or so I contacted the seller to ask when he would send it, and then we found out it had actually been delivered (not to my address) and someone had signed for it (visibly not my signature!)

PayPal didn't want to know. Nor eBay claims. Or the seller.

As in each of their eyes it had in fact been delivered despite me saying it hadn't and it wasn't my signature.

I have a claim currently with a Parcel Force, but have not heard a peep for over 6 months.

Not holding my breath.

I’d be chasing every 3 days until it was paid

Ring PayPal and eBay make claims against the seller if ness

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bought a 5 wood a few weeks ago due to be delivered by My Hermes, tracked it on Ebay and the status changed from "out for delivery" to "damaged while with courier". I can only imagine something must have fallen on it while he was driving around or something. Tried contacting them but it's clear only the sender can chase it up. A week later after no progress I started an Ebay claim which went through in a day or 2.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have used them for years with no problems except for one item due to be delivered. It took a lot of chasing up to find where it was as it appeared to be stuck in the system.

When it finally arrived it was blatantly clear that the seller had sent it so poorly packed that the contents had burst out of the packing.

Having watched the recordings on TV shows like Despatches. I now pack knowing my package is going to be hurled from one side of a room to another and land on a concrete floor and that probably applies to most haulage companies. It is no wonder that that do not take responsibility for fragile items.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have used them for years with no problems except for one item due to be delivered. It took a lot of chasing up to find where it was as it appeared to be stuck in the system.

When it finally arrived it was blatantly clear that the seller had sent it so poorly packed that the contents had burst out of the packing.

Having watched the recordings on TV shows like Despatches. I now pack knowing my package is going to be hurled from one side of a room to another and land on a concrete floor and that probably applies to most haulage companies. It is no wonder that that do not take responsibility for fragile items.

think it was J777 on here who I bought my M2 driver head off (apologies if it was someone else I always delete my PMs) but he sent it so well packaged I was undoing it for about 20 mins before I got to the head! there was no way the head could be damaged in transit unless the driver ran it over with his car! fantastic

I used the packaging to sell my old M2 head (id switched lofts) when I sold it few weeks later on fleabay

eastwoodclint

Hacker
Visit site
Still waiting to hear back from them - been almost 48 h now. Also tried tweeting them and seems they are ignoring me...

While I have some eyes on the subject - can anyone with a sharp eye for penmanship make out the mysterious signature?

Capture.jpg

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Still waiting to hear back from them - been almost 48 h now. Also tried tweeting them and seems they are ignoring me...

While I have some eyes on the subject - can anyone with a sharp eye for penmanship make out the mysterious signature?

View attachment 23874

Could be anything, just a squiggle! I would strongly suspect the driver has signed it unless I have information otherwise

eastwoodclint

Hacker
Visit site
Could be anything, just a squiggle! I would strongly suspect the driver has signed it unless I have information otherwise

Thought initially it was Ann, but don't believe I have any neighbours with that name.

I wouldn't be surprised if the driver snatched it, but I'm curious as to why he/she would do it so late in their route (I kept getting updates saying they were late). Have the serial number so I can check ebay/classifieds - lucky for me there aren't many of these going.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I would now be getting a little mardy on social media. I'd keep it civil but make the point in no uncertain terms. I've found that most companies don't like negative publicity especially if others begin to join in

eastwoodclint

Hacker
Visit site
I would now be getting a little mardy on social media. I'd keep it civil but make the point in no uncertain terms. I've found that most companies don't like negative publicity especially if others begin to join in

Not a big twitter guy (basically use it to complain to companies) and don't have any followers - could be they don't really care if no one can see the complaint.

The seller has also been in touch with the courier but same story. Customer service outsourced to India and takes 24-48 hours to have a look. Terrible company.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
You get what you pay for with couriers. In my experience, whilst Hermes are as cheap as chips they are woefully unreliable.

When I have made purchases which the seller has dispatched using Hermes I have had parcels dumped on my doorstep in plain sight of passers by, breakables broken by being dropped over my side gate, and my signature allegedly on their system as proof of delivery when I have been out of the country.

In fairness to the drivers, they are under enormous pressure to deliver first time so as to negate the need for another visit. I don’t blame the drivers, it’s the company I wouldn’t touch with a barge pole.

I’ve never used them to carry goods I’m selling. And I now won’t buy from any seller who uses them.

Truly awful.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Not a big twitter guy (basically use it to complain to companies) and don't have any followers - could be they don't really care if no one can see the complaint.

The seller has also been in touch with the courier but same story. Customer service outsourced to India and takes 24-48 hours to have a look. Terrible company.

Put it on facebook, twitter, and anywhere your friends, family etc could see it and ask them to spread the news. Copy a link to here and post it on twitter. If they see it getting publicity they may move

eastwoodclint

Hacker
Visit site
Just an update for anyone curious...

The package mysteriously went through central sorting today and magically appeared on my doorstep late this afternoon. Box was mangled to hell but item seemed to be absolutely fine.

Capture.jpg

Have no idea what happened in the end, very weird situation. Thankfully the seller was very supportive and it all worked out.

Still not impressed with myHermes as I still have not heard back from them on any front (Facebook, Twitter, webchat, etc).

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Long time reader, first time poster.

Bit the bullet and bought a new Ping G400 driver off ebay for a good price. I'm a lefty and there are very few of these advertised. Was home last night waiting for delivery, and to my surprise status changed to "delivered" despite no one ever showing up at my door. Couldn't recognise the signature of the recipient either...

At a loss here, I contacted the courier (Hermes) and they are investigating it but I am not holding my breath. Has anyone had this experience before? I am slightly worried that should the driver not show up I won't be able to ask for a refund by ebay since it has technically been delivered (but to whom, I have no idea).

Not my first terrible experience with Hermes, but certainly this takes the cake. Last parcel the courier himself had signed for the package so worried there might be something funny going on here...

Anyone have a similar experience?

Had it was a rare 3i I was looking at to complete a set.

It was being shipped to my work adddress and after a week I chased it. It was signed for last Wednesday apparently by me (yeah because that’s why I’m chasing it) at 6.20pm (when the company shuts at 5.00)

After 4 days of arguing it turned out it was scanned it at its collection piping but never in or out of the hub, in or out of the local depo.

At this point I had a huge row with them asking why they had spent a week accusing me of signing for it when they actually didn’t know where it was and they just replied with fill a claim form in.

Myherpies (spelt as I see it) in my view happen to be possibly the worst courier I’ve come across and I’ve run two mail order business’s in the past.