Am I being scammed ?

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
Hermes is the company. The strange thing is, there is nothing further on the tracking after 2.30 Tuesday, just says received by us, nothing else yet they are telling me it was delivered to receiving address at 6.00am Wednesday.

I had this last week with Hermes. Sent an item back to Amazon & for more than a week the only tracking info was "dropped off at parcel shop" I was about to raise a dispute when the Amazon credit came through, although the tracking info still hasn't changed.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had this last week with Hermes. Sent an item back to Amazon & for more than a week the only tracking info was "dropped off at parcel shop" I was about to raise a dispute when the Amazon credit came through, although the tracking info still hasn't changed.
Probably just means somebody in a warehouse somewhere hasn't done their job and updated it at the relevant time.

JollyRedDevil

Club Champion
Visit site
I had a club "delivered" by Hermes once. I was out so they just threw it over the side gate into the alley way.
I was about to contact the seller when I happen to got to the alley where it was lying.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hermes is the company. The strange thing is, there is nothing further on the tracking after 2.30 Tuesday, just says received by us, nothing else yet they are telling me it was delivered to receiving address at 6.00am Wednesday.

If you put the tracking number on ebay/paypal they know when it was delivered there is a data link between them

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm a bit biased (I'm a postman) but Royal Mail are really the best when compared to Yodel, Hermes and the likes.

the trouble is that most golf clubs are too long for Royal Mail.

They have to go Parcel Force and the price comparison is way to much for me to consider using them

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site

They have to go Parcel Force and the price comparison is way to much for me to consider using them

Parcel Farce is a pain. They have vastly improved over the last 5 years.

My wee local post office allows me to send golf clubs via special delivery and classes that as a medium parcel.

Which is jolly decent of them.

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Parcel Farce is a pain. They have vastly improved over the last 5 years.

My wee local post office allows me to send golf clubs via special delivery and classes that as a medium parcel.

Which is jolly decent of them.

Smart move.

Guess they recognise your potential for repeat business :)

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Well no further emails from the buyer so I have to guess he's either got it or knows I'm suspicious of him.

pool888

Assistant Pro
Visit site

I book Parcelforce online using the members 15% discount code MEM and use the drop off at post office option, it's cheaper and you don't have to wait in for someone to collect the parcel. Hermes etc are only really cheap if its an almost worthless item, the basic Parcelforce cover is £100 and it's only £1.80 to increase it to £200, anything expensive will end up just as dear or more through Herems by the time you add proper insurance cover.

chimpo1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It’s a difficult one to sort out. I lost my scotty Cameron after selling on eBay and posting it via Royal Mail. Recipient stated he didn’t receive it and I binned the receipt as so much time had passed since posting. No choice but to refund his purchase. Gutted.

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Unless its a very cheap item and you'r happy to take the risk I never send anything without a signature. Hundreds of threads on various couriers with many having had problems with all courier companies.

I've used them all, many times and never had a problem to date. They are all the same. Problem is if you have a bad experience (statistically most of us have had or will have at least one) you now believe they are the worst one and the rest must be better as I have not had a bad one with them. The reality is others have had and they are no better or worse than others.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Unless its a very cheap item and you'r happy to take the risk I never send anything without a signature. Hundreds of threads on various couriers with many having had problems with all courier companies.

I've used them all, many times and never had a problem to date. They are all the same. Problem is if you have a bad experience (statistically most of us have had or will have at least one) you now believe they are the worst one and the rest must be better as I have not had a bad one with them. The reality is others have had and they are no better or worse than others.

Sorry but I'm off the opinion having discussed it with a few friends that a certain courier is worse than others. From experience if you pay more for a more reputable company like Parcel Force, DPD, TNT etc they do appear (from my personal experience) to offer a far greater service.

At worst with Parcel Force is they have delivered late and I've successfully claimed compensation. I've never had them completely lose a parcel. Same with the other more "reputable and expensive" courier companies.

Glad that your experiences have all been positive though. Makes it easier to sell when you're not bothering about which courier to use.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I book Parcelforce online using the members 15% discount code MEM and use the drop off at post office option, it's cheaper and you don't have to wait in for someone to collect the parcel. Hermes etc are only really cheap if its an almost worthless item, the basic Parcelforce cover is £100 and it's only £1.80 to increase it to £200, anything expensive will end up just as dear or more through Herems by the time you add proper insurance cover.

Not really the starting cost is so low to start to with that adding the correct level of insurance cover still makes it considerably cheaper. The last time I shipped a club with them fully insured (value £150) the total cost was £7.29.