Help ...TO ALL MODS

centuryg5

Head Pro
Visit site
I recently recommended a friend to sign up to the forum,which he did... then he advertised some golf stuff he wanted to sell.unbeknown to me....soon as his advert appeared he was banned.he asked me "WHY".... he asked me this morning whilst we were in the middle of our club comp.i explained that he needed to put a few post up first,get himself known on the forum,then try. Gents... is there any way you can relax the ban. regards Bill.

C

CannyFifer

why would he be banned :D
Made an error but he maybe didnt know, seems harsh.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
the user account permissions were removed because they came on and posted 4 adverts, no contact details and not even a hello.
That isnt the way this forum works, if he needs to unload that much stuff he would be better advertising on ebay or ads for free etc.
This is a golf forum that just happens to have the ability for well known members to sell the occasional club or bag.

Without knowing who the guy is or who recommended him, the pattern of his posts showed up as suspect and against the no new member selling rule.
His account hasnt been deleted, if he still wants to come onto the forum and contribute give one of us a shout and we can reset his login, ther eis no probs with a simple misunderstanding matey, we all make them.

centuryg5

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi Brendy,thank you for the explanation,Originally he was looking for the "arrange a game" section, as he wants to play in the forum meets and seen the sell/buy section ...when he told me what he'd done, i couldnt believe it,he explained to me that he wanted to put all the items in one post but didnt know how to, the stuff is worth about £50 all in.but that is not the point.as explained in my O.P. i have told him the rules on selling etc.. Thanks Bill

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Ok matey, he should be able to login to the forum fine now. As I said, there was no hello's or anything so they do get treated like other spam posts though its no problem as you have explained and he is more than welcome aboard.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Its this weekend coming matey cheers though. Im really, really looking forward to it, hopefully the frost and rais stays away, I can live with wind :D