PING. Not impressed at all

D

Deleted member 15344

Only last 2/3 years? That's pathetic! ;)

I blame all the stick on stuff irons have these days.
I can't remember any pieces falling off any of my irons and they range between 30 and 100 years old.

Ping went through a period where inserts and decals where coming off , know a few who had to send a number of irons back to them. Thankfully they seem to have improved

As you say the iron you use from days gone by where very classic and simple made , no inserts , decals just the forged medial

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
So well beyond warranty period then; if Ping are repairing them for free is it really the end of the world to pay the postage?
What is the warranty period? At some point would it of been common courtesy to let a customer know, seeing as they have been falling out every year they are out of warranty. Furthermore would it of been common courtesy to let the customer know he had a charge to pay.
Re well beyond the warranty period, am not sure where you get that from as Ping said in future if you don’t want to wait 3 plus weeks, bring them up to Gainsboro and they will do them FOC on the day if I want to wait.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
What is the warranty period? At some point would it of been common courtesy to let a customer know, seeing as they have been falling out every year they are out of warranty. Furthermore would it of been common courtesy to let the customer know he had a charge to pay.
Re well beyond the warranty period, am not sure where you get that from as Ping said in future if you don’t want to wait 3 plus weeks, bring them up to Gainsboro and they will do them FOC on the day if I want to wait.

How long is the warranty period? As opposed to the goodwill that Ping appear to be extending on 5 year old clubs.

Tashyboy

Visit site
How long is the warranty period? As opposed to the goodwill that Ping appear to be extending on 5 year old clubs.
From Pings site.
At PING, we stand behind the workmanship and the materials involved in the manufacturing and production of our equipment and accessories. Our current policies protect your purchase from defect and are evaluated on an as needed basis. If you have any questions regarding our policies that protect your PING investment, please feel free to call +44 (0) 1427 615405 and we would be happy to discuss your situation and provide the options that may be available.

Ow there’s a few things I could mention on there but Ave said me piece ?

Ross61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I understand why some on here are saying the problem lies with the pro as the purchase contract is with the seller rather than the manufacturer. BUT having had the same problem with weights falling out of G Max irons, this is a design fault and the manufacturer is the one that is at fault. The warranty is for a breakdown of equipment through faulty materials. A Design fault is something else and should not have a time limit.
It is Ping that should shoulder the P and P costs as that is their problem, especially as the pro I dealt with was quite happy to replace the weights, but Ping refused to supply them to him. Instead Ping insisted that the clubs were returned to them for repair. I’m glad I decided to return the clubs after 6 repairs within 6 months including a replacement set. My only regret is they were the best irons I have played with, but I could no longer tolerate losing a club on a regular basis for about 2 weeks.

big_matt

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Very strange story. Ping charge the 15 if you post direct to them yourselves but if you get an authorised reseller/pro to send in the clubs then its free. Ping do a lot of this type of service and are normally really helpful.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sorry Tashy, but your pro is the guilty party, not Ping. As for your irons "falling to bits", thats rather an exageration don't you think, and not really an honest appraisal of the issue.

That is not an exageration really. Ping clubs loosing the weights has been a problem with many of their clubs for many years.

I have heard in the States they can no longer do the repair because they have run out of weights for some models.

Tashyboy

Visit site
That is not an exageration really. Ping clubs loosing the weights has been a problem with many of their clubs for many years.

I have heard in the States they can no longer do the repair because they have run out of weights for some models.

Just outta interest Jim, the G Max clubs I have, I do like but this weight replacement is a yearly affair for me. Gainsboro have said I can take the club up if it/any weights fall out again. In fact they said if I can do without the clubs for a couple of weeks they will change the lot. But do you know if the newer ping clubs have any weights glued in. Am getting to the stage where new clubs could be my option. Any ideas on how to mention it to Missis T would help as well. ?

RichA

Visit site
Just outta interest Jim, the G Max clubs I have, I do like but this weight replacement is a yearly affair for me. Gainsboro have said I can take the club up if it/any weights fall out again. In fact they said if I can do without the clubs for a couple of weeks they will change the lot. But do you know if the newer ping clubs have any weights glued in. Am getting to the stage where new clubs could be my option. Any ideas on how to mention it to Missis T would help as well. ?
The weights in my G425s are a tungsten bolt in the toe end and there's another tungsten weight inside the hosel. The only thing that looks like it's glued in place is the dampening badge inside the cavity, which looks pretty well wedged in place anyway.

Springveldt

Visit site
My last 2 sets of irons have been Ping (G25 and current i500).
Had the i500’s for a couple of years now and never had an issue with them. Really good clubs.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Since McLaren glue their chassis together, it’s not beyond the realms of human endeavour to glue the weights in place;)

If this was happening regularly, I would have removed all the weights and re-glue them back in myself with some industrial strength glue.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Since McLaren glue their chassis together, it’s not beyond the realms of human endeavour to glue the weights in place;)

If you drive a McLaren into a stationary object at speed it will fall apart; that is exactly what Tashy is doing with his golf club, and experiencing the same issue. ?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you drive a McLaren into a stationary object at speed it will fall apart; that is exactly what Tashy is doing with his golf club, and experiencing the same issue. ?

The shafts are held in by epoxy resin and I have rarely known a head fall off a good quality club. When I checked the weights on the I25s I bought it was clear that it is not epoxy resin holding the weight in. (one of the wedges I sold now has the weight held in place by epoxy resin).

However I do wonder if it is so they can change the weights to change the swing weight.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It’s the flexing of the face that’s the problem .
It’s cracking the glue.
Maybe some sort of silicone is nessesary to flex with the face at impact.
All in all Ping should have had an answer for this years ago when it was obvious there was a problem.
But whoever is responsible for the charge it’s poor charging the customer even after a long period for a known fault.

Tashyboy

Visit site
The way am playing at the moment, the only thing am hitting without a problem is the bottle. ?