Help - missing pages

Dave1963

Hacker
Visit site
It's too ridiculous to be made up.

Also, why make something up in 2015, then bring it up in 2017, but only come on here in 2018? I think it's true.

I'm not sure how getting hold of the images that have been torn out will help though. There's no question her behaviour is unreasonable, so it's not as if having these as evidence will change anything.

Good luck Dave. There's loads of very useful advice in the link you posted, I think you need to listen to it and make some tough decisions.

Thanks. You are spot on... it is so extreme, but has been getting subtly worse over the last 2-3 years, so it creeps up on you. One reason for having the images is as 'proof' to others (especially family etc.) that her actions are not reasonable. I now have the scans from the TG article, so that is good - the GM ones would be good if anyone has an issue that old. Of course I can understand, after an affair, there need to be some boundaries, but this has gone to the extreme. I have made my decision to leave, it's now just about timing.

Dave1963

Hacker
Visit site
There are countless people who have created whole online personas over years and years. They create convoluted and unbelievable stories that they stick with and post on various sites. Quite often they kill themselves off in some weird way, only to re-appear months or years later and start it all over again. I've seen it happen quite a few times, one guy's death even made a small column in the Times. It wasn't until two years after we all found out he'd made it all up.

My personal opinion is that I don't believe the OP, but I could be wrong.
Sadly it is all true; crikey I wouldn't waste my time making that all up when there's a business to run and golf to play! Interestingly I even discovered very recently that (since 2015) it is actually illegal for her to behave like that (it comes under 'Controlling or Coercive Behaviour in an Intimate or Family Relationship'), which is another reason that the more evidence I have, especially over such a time period can be helpful.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
There are countless people who have created whole online personas over years and years. They create convoluted and unbelievable stories that they stick with and post on various sites. Quite often they kill themselves off in some weird way, only to re-appear months or years later and start it all over again. I've seen it happen quite a few times, one guy's death even made a small column in the Times. It wasn't until two years after we all found out he'd made it all up.

My personal opinion is that I don't believe the OP, but I could be wrong.

Reggie Perrin?

Matty6

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
If she’s got an issue with you looking at golf magazines, she’s gonna go batsh!t crazy when you say you’re leaving!!!

Jokes aside, I wish you all the luck.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Thanks. You are spot on... it is so extreme, but has been getting subtly worse over the last 2-3 years, so it creeps up on you. One reason for having the images is as 'proof' to others (especially family etc.) that her actions are not reasonable. I now have the scans from the TG article, so that is good - the GM ones would be good if anyone has an issue that old. Of course I can understand, after an affair, there need to be some boundaries, but this has gone to the extreme. I have made my decision to leave, it's now just about timing.

Hope going forward you can find some peace and happiness

GMC1981

Club Champion
Visit site
I hope this request is not too odd... long story short, but let's just say my wife is rather sensitive to 'sexist' material, which includes that found in golf magazines. Anyway, I was catching up on some reading over the weekend, and found that a few pages have been torn out of my golf magazines. :( So it would be immensely helpful if anyone could post / send me images of the following:-

Golf Monthly; Sept 2014 issue; pages 1 and 2 (first sheet inside cover) and pages 25 & 26.
and, more recently, Today's Golfer (am I allowed to say that here?) pages 49 and 50 (right in the middle of the David Leadbetter interview!!).

So frustrating, but any help will be really appreciated!! Plus I am intrigued what sexist images are on those said pages :confused:

Thanks!

She sounds easy going .

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just watched Would I Lie to you on TV.
This would make a good story on there .
I must take Daves word for it , but if it is true the girl needs professional help.

*TQ*

Club Champion
Visit site
I don't think I could stop myself from just wandering in the front door with a copy of Razzle under my arm just to see her reaction :D

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
May I suggest a public place, and ensure she doesn't have any heavy objects to hand.

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
She sounds like a right mentalist!
Let me tell you about the right time. It’s now. Life is too short.
Good luck and if it’s a wind-up, it’s a good one. 👍

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
I don't think I could stop myself from just wandering in the front door with a copy of Razzle under my arm just to see her reaction :D

We need the OP's address. We can then get a few top shelf subscriptions sent out each month. That would make for some interesting watching....

Dave1963

Hacker
Visit site
If he's made it up he's gone to a hell of a lot of effort for no real pay-off whatsoever. :rolleyes:
I wish I had made it up:(

Not sure what 'proof' I can give, but another example is the June 2017 issue of GM. Page 8 (the index page) has had the top left (of 3) images torn out as well as the whole of page 18/19. I found what the page 8 image was (having found a scan of that page online... it was just a female golfer in what I consider normal golfing attire). No idea what was on page 18 or 19 that took offence, but if anyone know, do tell! It will be really helpful if I can have proof of the extremity of it all.

This situation has got out of hand and, as someone else pointed out, I need to man up and split up.

D

Deleted member 23270

Is she a dominatrix? I have visions of thigh length boots, leather dress, whips and chains.

You lucky barsteward!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Is she a dominatrix? I have visions of thigh length boots, leather dress, whips and chains.

You lucky barsteward!
Not the impression I get. I'm picturing her more like the hysterical religious aunt in Blackadder the Second who he's trying to secure his inheritance from. "Wicked child!" *whack* :rofl:

LCW

Assistant Pro
Visit site
This just instantly reminds me of this:

Unless she follows this scale to the number get out man !

wR52Yqw.jpg