[Help] What are Ben Ross clubs like? Gf wants own set of clubs..

AdamW

Visit site
Gf is at the beginner stage of golf and wants her own set of clubs, preferably in purple

Found a set of ladies Ben Ross 'Pearl' clubs includes

Irons 5-sw
14 divider Ben Ross bag
Driver
3 and 5 Wood
Mallet putter
Towel
Additional executive driver (what ever that is)
Hybrid

£170

They are brand new been used 6-7 driving range apparently.

This is a very similar setup to what is being sold

https://thegolfstore4u.co.uk/product/benross-ladies-pearl-complete-golf-club-set-cart-bag/

Never heard of the make before, are they cheap and poor quality? Or good quality clubs? Or am I better finding some pings, Taylornade etc and just get some purple grips?

From research they look like a forgiving club so should be suitable?

Don't know a great lot myself, so hopefully someone with a lot more knowledge than me will be able to help :)

Thanks!

Last edited:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Gf is at the beginner stage of golf and wants her own set of clubs, preferably in purple

Found a set of ladies Ben Ross 'Pearl' clubs includes

Irons 5-sw
14 divider Ben Ross bag
Driver
3 and 5 Wood
Mallet putter
Towel
Additional executive driver (what ever that is)
Hybrid

£170

They are brand new been used 6-7 driving range apparently.

This is a very similar setup to what is being sold

https://thegolfstore4u.co.uk/product/benross-ladies-pearl-complete-golf-club-set-cart-bag/

Never heard of the make before, are they cheap and poor quality? Or good quality clubs? Or am I better finding some pings, Taylornade etc and just get some purple grips?

From research they look like a forgiving club so should be suitable?

Don't know a great lot myself, so hopefully someone with a lot more knowledge than me will be able to help :)

Thanks!

Benross make excellent clubs

Cheap as they dont have the latest tech and dont pay to sponsor pros

My mates RIP driver is constantly out driving my cobra f7 lol

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
As per my sig, my full bag is benross. Certainly nothing wrong with them - I'm very impressed. They don't really have any resale value, but if you're getting them cheap in the first place that doesn't really matter.

I'd not hesitate buying benross again as and when I need to replace my current clubs.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Regardless of what others have said, consider this:

Having a SO who also plays and loves the game is priceless.
You need to make sure she sticks with it, so buy her whatever equipment she wants.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
I would agree great set. I play off 10 and have been playing golf for 20 years, I use Benross, great for beginners.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
The only downside with Benross is their resale value; in this instance as the buyer that benefits you, when you come to out them you'll get a similarly low price. That's your only problem.

Other than that I believe the heads are cast in the same factories as the better known brands, the shafts & grips are top notch brands, the RRP is lower because they don't have pros to pay. Nothing wrong with them, I had a set (which I still have) when I had a tennis elbow issue which benefitted from graphite shafts. Still got them just in case, won one of our club's majors using them 7 will use them again at some point.

Get them before someone else does.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nothing wrong with Benross, they're known to be a good value for money brand. Solid quality for the price.

As BiM just said, the only issue in the long run is if you upgrade from them you won't make much back from selling them on. But as they're low cost in the first place that may not be a concern.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
As others have said you have no worries buying Benross clubs good quality clubs and at a great price, I had a Benross driver a few years ago and it performed well.

AdamW

Visit site
Thanks for everyone's feedback!

Does the price sound right on these? Struggling to find full sets for completed listings on ebay

D

Deleted member 1147

My sister started with Benross clubs.
Aldila shafts, golf pride grips and decent heads - what more do you need when starting out?

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
There's a new set of irons only (6 - SW) on eBay, £189, combo sets with hybrids from £249, both new. If this lot is as new for £170, grab them before somebody else does.

AdamW

Visit site
There's a new set of irons only (6 - SW) on eBay, £189, combo sets with hybrids from £249, both new. If this lot is as new for £170, grab them before somebody else does.
Very early Christmas present it is then, only hour drive away so worth it :cool: