Help for self employed

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
HMRC opened the applications for grant 3 today, you shouldve had an email or a message within your account on the hmrc client

Appears that its the same criteria as the first 2 PLUS you have to be able to prove the effect on your business between 1st Nov and 31st Jan, they say you need to keep records to be able to justify the claim (which wasnt required for the first 2)

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
HMRC opened the applications for grant 3 today, you shouldve had an email or a message within your account on the hmrc client

Appears that its the same criteria as the first 2 PLUS you have to be able to prove the effect on your business between 1st Nov and 31st Jan, they say you need to keep records to be able to justify the claim (which wasnt required for the first 2)
Does a blank diary count..?:cool:

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Helped someone do theres today. Process very straightforward just requires an extra declaration regarding impact on you business/ability to work and guidance on what evidence you should keep. Should be paid within 6 working days of claiming (likely it may be slightly quicker)

For anyone who is claiming the grants do remember you are going to pay tax/NI on them in your 2020/21 tax return (due for submission in Jan 2022) and if you can make sure you have this put aside

Imurg

Visit site
Helped someone do theres today. Process very straightforward just requires an extra declaration regarding impact on you business/ability to work and guidance on what evidence you should keep. Should be paid within 6 working days of claiming (likely it may be slightly quicker)

For anyone who is claiming the grants do remember you are going to pay tax/NI on them in your 2020/21 tax return (due for submission in Jan 2022) and if you can make sure you have this put aside
Mine may hit the bank tomorrow (y)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Our lad has applied for an Arts Council Grant - funded by the National Lottery - for freelance professionals who were working in theatres, he'll be hearing the outcome of his application in a couple of days time. Given the criteria he should qualify - but knowing his (and our) luck his application will be rejected. But with a bit of faith and hope - and maybe a little bit of 'charity' will come along.

Imurg

Visit site
Is there any news on an extension to this.?
Not heard anything and the current one ru s to the end of the month.
Lockdown will be on until mid February at the earliest I expect and could drag on longer...
Anyone heard anything.?

D

Deleted member 1740

Lockdown will be on until mid February at the earliest I expect and could drag on longer...
Anyone heard anything.?

There's another 1 to run through to April in line with Furlough.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Anyone heard anything.?
available to claim in February Ian. What has not been confirmed is the %

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
available to claim in February Ian. What has not been confirmed is the %

considering the country will be in lockdown when it starts cant see anyway its not done at 80% again

what will be interesting is if they finally include those who havent been able to claim up until now and/or whether they use the 2019/20 return which is due in by the end of Jan to calculate the basis of profits, most likely wishful thinking on both and it will just be exactly the same

will post the claims date and basis on here once its announced

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
what will be interesting is if they finally include those who havent been able to claim up until now and/or whether they use the 2019/20 return which is due in by the end of Jan to calculate the basis of profits, most likely wishful thinking on both and it will just be exactly the same

I read that groups had met the government and discussions had taken place. Whether that leads to anything positive, I’m certainly not holding my breath.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just seen on Twitter that Martin Lewis has had it confirmed from treasury that there will be no further announcement regarding 4th self employment grant until after March 3rd budget

D

Deleted member 1740

Just seen on Twitter that Martin Lewis has had it confirmed from treasury that there will be no further announcement regarding 4th self employment grant until after March 3rd budget

There's also rumours of it being heavily reduced.....

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
From todays budget:

4th grant which is February to April, will be on the same basis as previous claims, 80% of last 3 years earnings. This will now include those previously excluded who were newly self employed as long as they have submitted a 2019/2020 tax return by last night (If anyone is in this category and isnt sure how to go about claiming or what they will receive feel free to ask me and I will help where i can)

Will be a future 5th grant that will be for May to September but you will get 80% assuming your turnover is down by more than 30%. If its not you will only get 30% (It did seem like it will be 3mths money for 5 months period though, will clarify when the full details are published)

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
From todays budget:

4th grant which is February to April, will be on the same basis as previous claims, 80% of last 3 years earnings. This will now include those previously excluded who were newly self employed as long as they have submitted a 2019/2020 tax return by last night (If anyone is in this category and isnt sure how to go about claiming or what they will receive feel free to ask me and I will help where i can)

Will be a future 5th grant that will be for May to September but you will get 80% assuming your turnover is down by more than 30%. If its not you will only get 30% (It did seem like it will be 3mths money for 5 months period though, will clarify when the full details are published)

I am resigned to not ever receiving any help from the Chancellor, I've made peace with that however what really does anger me is his insistence on using the phrase "We will continue doing whatever it takes to support British people and businesses". He has supports a lot of people and businesses however there are still a significant number that he has completely ignored. Just stop with the soundbites as it's annoying to hear however great you've been at supporting 'all' people and businesses.