Help 4 Heroes Bearwood Lakes Charity Golf Day - Monday 21st September 2020

D

Deleted member 1740

I doubt Martin will see it as a scalp with me having to retire after 12 holes.

I think trap 2 at Bearwood has been condemned and a layby up the M40 has been closed with Hazchem treatment being used all around it ?

A win is a win Fishy old boy??

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
This was the 11th year of H4H so Richard states in the opening thread. Can somone list the courses it has been played at? I think I can name 9 but can't remember the others? I have Blackmoor, North Hants, Bearwood Lakes, West Hill x 2, Tandridge. Camberley Hill, Tandridge. Liphook

Anyone?

D

Deleted member 25172

This was the 11th year of H4H so Richard states in the opening thread. Can somone list the courses it has been played at? I think I can name 9 but can't remember the others? I have Blackmoor, North Hants, Bearwood Lakes, West Hill x 2, Tandridge. Camberley Hill, Tandridge. Liphook

Anyone?

I think I've read somewhere that it's been played at Hankley Common as well.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site

Anyone?
Luton Hoo X 2, Blackmoor, West Hill, North Hants, West Hill, Camberley Heath, Hankley Common, Liphook, Tandridge and Bearwood Lakes in that order.(y)

D

Deleted Member 1156

Luton Hoo X 2, Blackmoor, West Hill, North Hants, West Hill, Camberley Heath, Hankley Common, Liphook, Tandridge and Bearwood Lakes in that order.(y)
Maybe time to venture further north to tempt a few more northern lads down perhaps? The southerners may need to apply for passports (blue ones) to go beyond Watford but I'm sure they would be prepared for a big adventure :)

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Maybe time to venture further north to tempt a few more northern lads down perhaps? The southerners may need to apply for passports (blue ones) to go beyond Watford but I'm sure they would be prepared for a big adventure :)
Not really an option as all my helpers, auctioneer, GM etc are based down South. If someone up North wanted to take over I would be more than happy though.

Glyn Tours are always providing plenty of golfing opportunities for Northerners !;)

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
The 1st year at Luton Hoo had about 20 players and it then took off from there.
Each year just got better and the events became a regular on the calendar.
I hope everyone had a great day and the monies raised are enough.
I first got involved at Blackmoor when they gave us the course for free. Huge turnout of forumers that year, and ever since.

Record number of players was 103 at West Hill the first time but yesterday was not far off with 99. Don't think we have had less than 80 since the early Luton Hoo days.

Rick was so pleased to see the numbers rocket from the first event. The day is still tinged with sadness four years on.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Not really an option as all my helpers, auctioneer, GM etc are based down South. If someone up North wanted to take over I would be more than happy though.

Glyn Tours are always providing plenty of golfing opportunities for Northerners !;)
Fully understand what you are saying Rich but H4H is a very different beast to a forum tour. The forum supports charity events very well and it would be great if a few more from up north could be tempted down. It doesn't need to go that far up the country, I'm sure somewhere between Londonville and Brum would do the trick and be more easily accessible to all?

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Fully understand what you are saying Rich but H4H is a very different beast to a forum tour. The forum supports charity events very well and it would be great if a few more from up north could be tempted down. It doesn't need to go that far up the country, I'm sure somewhere between Londonville and Brum would do the trick and be more easily accessible to all?
If someone wants to organise it Gordon, they are very welcome to move it further North. Not a problem with me.

Must admit having been stuck in quarantine for two weeks, and not being able to play yesterday, I don't have a great enthusiasm to arrange next years event at the moment.:(

D

Deleted Member 1156

If someone wants to organise it Gordon, they are very welcome to move it further North. Not a problem with me.

Must admit having been stuck in quarantine for two weeks, and not being able to play yesterday, I don't have a great enthusiasm to arrange next years event at the moment.:(
As I'm planning to retire soon I would be happy to take on the role of your right hand man but H4H without you at the helm wouldn't be the real deal.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site

Suck it up and sort it out you knob!!
I remember 3 years ago I had to pull out of the old farts at the last minute because some selfish cow at work decided to take the same weekend off. Okay I sobbed for a few days, and the cat had an indent on it's jacksie that took nearly a week to disappear, but I dusted myself down and got on with the following years event.
Nobody does H4H like you do.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
As I'm planning to retire soon I would be happy to take on the role of your right hand man but H4H without you at the helm wouldn't be the real deal.
I have a right hand women that does most of the hard work ;), but you would be very welcome to come on board in any capacity.(y)This year we lost Glyn and Cameron off the team. Think I might be difficult to work with !

I do have an idea for a course and have put out feelers, so watch this space.(y)