Head Covers on Forged irons

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
I tried them years ago. I could never decide where to put them inbetween shots.
If I put them on the bag they kept falling between the dividers.
I'm not the most patient of people, so me and iron covers weren't really made for each other.
I think they lasted about 3 weeks.

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hoots mon, gee yersel a shake!

Horrendous! Like a gimps condom!

Haha yea buy them, I dare you! that'll make them look like 8 dinky hybrids!! you are going to get some stick at Ballyliffin.

If they last as long as the last set I got of the neoprene ones they will be doing well. Just hoping they keep the new clubs looking decent for a while longer is all.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Craw if you carry, they will wear through in no time at all, I had a set then changed to the more heavy duty but transparent Castle bay ones.
clearview-golf-club-iron-cover.jpg

T

thecraw

Ping are made of sterner stuff than soft forged pussies!

They are hard enough to survive. I'll give them a bash and see.

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I use them when I carry but not on the trolley. I am terrible for losing them though, usually chuck them on the ground before a shot and forget to pick them up.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I use them when I carry but not on the trolley. I am terrible for losing them though, usually chuck them on the ground before a shot and forget to pick them up.

Ever heard of pockets Mike.............you know these things on your trousers - where you put your hands to play pocket billiards.:rofl::rofl:

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I use them for international air travel, and for use with a buggy. Other than that, no, not for me. A bit of chatter is nothing compared to the dinks I get from hitting off paths, roads, rocks, etc. I never play from the fairway. Ever.

sajkox

Club Champion
Visit site
I got into weird situation.

I bought TM TP MB Forged irons here for my friend but he resigned as soon as I paid for them so decided to keep it and try it myself.
Since I didn't want them to take damage (I leave them in car boot all the time so they bounce a lot) - I bought headcovers (the cheapest from sd). Despite cleaning irons after each round with a towel I must have left headcover wet inside and just week later I noticed dreaded rust on 3 irons :O
Any advice of how to get rid of it now (its hard to notice tbh but dont wanna wait for it to develop further) ?

So not sure now whether to use headcovers or not . Taking clubs home after round is not an option for me sadly so if I take them off clubs willget damaged anyway :/

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sorry they are just not right. Like footballers wearing tights and gloves.

there's a few on here that think they are right though Rich. Maybe it's us that are wrong !!

They belong in the same bin as chippers, castle tees and things that count your shots :smirk:

I'm not sure I'm qualified to comment anyway. I've gone down the cast route, how do I manage without the feeeeeeeeel :confused:

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Irons with bag chatter are the sign of a proper golfer :whoo:

(that should go down well......) :p

Totally agree that they are pointless once you've dinged the odd bunker stone or path.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
there's a few on here that think they are right though Rich. Maybe it's us that are wrong !!

They belong in the same bin as chippers, castle tees and things that count your shots :smirk:

I'm not sure I'm qualified to comment anyway. I've gone down the cast route, how do I manage without the feeeeeeeeel :confused:
Lol, I bet your driver is a mess with no cover :D

T

thecraw

I got into weird situation.

I bought TM TP MB Forged irons here for my friend but he resigned as soon as I paid for them so decided to keep it and try it myself.
Since I didn't want them to take damage (I leave them in car boot all the time so they bounce a lot) - I bought headcovers (the cheapest from sd). Despite cleaning irons after each round with a towel I must have left headcover wet inside and just week later I noticed dreaded rust on 3 irons :O
Any advice of how to get rid of it now (its hard to notice tbh but dont wanna wait for it to develop further) ?

So not sure now whether to use headcovers or not . Taking clubs home after round is not an option for me sadly so if I take them off clubs willget damaged anyway :/

Give the head a little squirt with WD40 or similar. Leave it for a while then use a toothbrush to remove the rust. If the rust is too deep for the toothbrush to remove it try a fine wire brush. After your finished just wipe the head down with a tiny drop of oil or WD40 again.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Give the head a little squirt with WD40 or similar. Leave it for a while then use a toothbrush to remove the rust. If the rust is too deep for the toothbrush to remove it try a fine wire brush. After your finished just wipe the head down with a tiny drop of oil or WD40 again.

:thup:

was just going to post the same good job i read the whole thread this morning!!