Happy WHS Email day

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Friction between all the ISVs and EG golf
The ISVs are not involved in this part (ie transition files and HI calcs).
The data source is the CDH itself not anything from the ISV files
The calculations are being done by the DotCom software commissioned by EG

fenwayrich

Assistant Pro
Visit site
All of our Gents competitions (including Opens) have been input as if they had been played from the red pots, so the Indexes currently showing are much higher than they should be.

Also from the sample I looked at, there are quite a few scores that are missing. I don't know if the problem emanates from the initial information that the club provided on registration, but with less than two weeks to go it's not ideal. The database has been thoroughly cleansed so at least that side of it is not a big problem.

Wildboy370

skiptongolfclub.co.uk
Not sure how everyone else has done or got what they were expecting, but from the list I have seen for our club the HI is not worth the paper it is written on. Few examples. Member for a year, initial handicap 14, now off 15 as never played to handicap. His new HI 8.2. Myself has now got two CDH numbers from somewhere. Guy I play with has a Congu handicap of 13.2. Systems says his Congu handicap is 14.4 and his HI is 14.6.. Two years they have had to sort this out and with a week to go utter chaos from every angle by the governing body who now seem to have washed there ha DS of everything and handed it all over to the clubs to sort. Outstanding

D

Deleted member 1147

Not sure how everyone else has done or got what they were expecting, but from the list I have seen for our club the HI is not worth the paper it is written on. Few examples. Member for a year, initial handicap 14, now off 15 as never played to handicap. His new HI 8.2. Myself has now got two CDH numbers from somewhere. Guy I play with has a Congu handicap of 13.2. Systems says his Congu handicap is 14.4 and his HI is 14.6.. Two years they have had to sort this out and with a week to go utter chaos from every angle by the governing body who now seem to have washed there ha DS of everything and handed it all over to the clubs to sort. Outstanding
It’s as if they contracted Serco to do it for them ?

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I've carried out a review of around 92 of the Seniors HI's, worked out their Course Handicap for the yellow tees on L/P, using the Slope Table Panel. I've then compared the result with their current handicap.

70 of them fall within -1 to +2 of each other.

Of the other 22, one is +7 (with 7 qualifiers used), two are +6 (with 4 and 10 qualifiers), eight are +5, five +4, and six +3 (all of these have between 3 and 16 qualifiers).

I think a rapid handicap Review will be necessary.

Swango1980

Visit site
I've carried out a review of around 92 of the Seniors HI's, worked out their Course Handicap for the yellow tees on L/P, using the Slope Table Panel. I've then compared the result with their current handicap.

Of the other 22, one is +7 (with 7 qualifiers used), two are +6 (with 4 and 10 qualifiers), eight are +5, five +4, and six +3 (all of these have between 3 and 16 qualifiers).

For these 22 high figures, are these players new members who have just been allocated a handicap, or players who have not submitted scores since 2017? If so, their CONGU handicap has been set as their Index, which will result in a higher course handicap (assuming your Slope is over 113). So, especially with higher handicappers, they will get a significant increase to course handicap. We have a new lady member, handicap 45. As this is also her Index, she gets 56 Course Handicap.

I suspect WHS might change to improve things like this before 2nd November, as committees have been giving them feedback. I reckon new golfers Index should be Congu Handicap × 113/Slope (well, ideally they could retrieve their initial 3 cards that were not put onto WHS for some reason).

It is a nightmare. Committee members like yourself put in a lot of groundwork now, so you can act when it goes live. Only for the system to potentially change the day before launch, and making your work a bit of a wasted effort. It just seems like one mad rush to the finish line.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
All of our Gents competitions (including Opens) have been input as if they had been played from the red pots, so the Indexes currently showing are much higher than they should be.
Out ladies have a similar problem. I gather it is to do with the system trying to reconcile/identify the name of your course held on the CDH (ie the one in the club's system) and the one logged in the Course Rating system.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site

Anomalies are bound to arise with some players who don't have many data points. The previous system tied their handicap to the historical number, the new one doesn't.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
. I reckon new golfers Index should be Congu Handicap × 113/Slope (well, ideally they could retrieve their initial 3 cards that were not put onto WHS for some reason).

The WHS response to my question about initial cards for handicap not being included in the index calculations was so wishy washy and non specific that I didn't bother to post it on here!!!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't have any issues with the new system itself but the way they are taking established handicaps and, in some cases, drastically altering them seems a bit bonkers.
I agree - I kinda thought they would just calculate it using your current handicap and your home course's slope so that it works out roughly the same. i.e. for me, as I play off 16 but our slope is 131 or something, I was expecting 14 or 15 index probably. But it's anyone's guess from what people are saying.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I agree - I kinda thought they would just calculate it using your current handicap and your home course's slope so that it works out roughly the same. i.e. for me, as I play off 16 but our slope is 131 or something, I was expecting 14 or 15 index probably. But it's anyone's guess from what people are saying.
It will all depend on when your best scores were played.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have 6 qualifying rounds this year my last 2 rounds were good, but off different tees one was the tips and hardest rated course the other was standard competition tees. Those 2 rounds were medal scores, the previous ones were not.
We use intelligent golf, last night the email came out about releasing our data I.e. email and DoB ... so I don’t think a lot has been done and I cannot see what will happen with my handicap either.