It's time

T

thecraw

for thecraw to leave the forum.

After sleeping on the events of last night I've decided enough is enough and its time to call it a day and golf off into the sunset. I've wasted five and half years of my life on here but had some genuine fun and met some amazing people whom I call friends all through the love of golf.

I've also managed to get great prices on skirting (thanks bomber)and valuable advice on cars from Smithy plus lots of other help and advice from the genuine people on here. Cheers to you all.

I've been lucky enough to get invites to places like the Old Course St Andrews, Scotscraig, Blairgowrie, and even Walton Heath courtesy of GM and many other great courses. Many thanks to everyone who has put up with me.

I enjoy the banter and love pulling legs, some people get it some don't - hay ho, that's life I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. I'm happy to take abuse all day long deserved or not its water off a ducks back, where I draw the line is threats of violence. That really doesn't sit well with me at all.

Mods - its been fun, we've had our "ups & downs" but its as I say - it's been fun and I respect what you do and put up with on a daily basis.

The scousers guys I loved your company at West Lancs, great banter, great bunch of lads. I genuinely offer any of you a game any time at West Kilbride or Machrihanish plus I want a shot at shelling a ball at Stuart C's head!!! ;)

Homer Sir, I take my hat off to you. You must have skin thicker than a Rhino. The abuse you take yet you keep coming back for more! I respect you for that and genuinely wish you success in your pursuit of single figures. Good luck mate.

The Scottish lads and lassies you've all been brilliant and hope to stay in touch and have a few games. Fabian, I now officially appoint you as Millport organiser. Please keep me in the loop.

Before I go I will be making a post in the Post a Review section later and I'll update the Machrihanish thread on Tuesday, possibly Monday night.

I'll keep an eye on the arrange a game section and possibly attend a meet or two in the future with the good guys I've met on the forum. Anyone who wishes a game at WK or Mach just drop me a PM (I'll get an email notification) or an email and I'll pick it up, your more than welcome.

Finally just for Stuart C - God bless David Moyes. :ears:

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
images

blackpuddinmonster

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I've not been here very long, and lets say we have'nt always seen eye to eye :whistle: but i know a decent bloke when i see/read one.
People like you are the reason i joined here, because when it comes to golf its clear you know what your on about, and thats why most of us are here.
I missed what happend last night so i don't now how bad or personnel it got, but its the person who threatened you with violence that should say goodbye not you imho.
Its a shame your going and this is a worse place without you, sealbh math dhuit. :thup:

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Since i joined the forum over a year ago i have enjoyed all of your final posts, you've had more comebacks than Frank Sinatra. Keep coming back, it would'nt be the same without you.

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well I missed all the shenanigans as usual but hope you'll revise your decision after a fabulous Machrihanish weekend! The forum would certainly be a duller place without you!

Expect to be quizzed for the gossip tomorrow!

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I can only remember the threat of leaving once from thecraw (saying he's finished with golf is another story though ;) )

I also missed the goings on last night and it's pretty sad that forum stalwarts like thecraw (and smiffy to be fair who is only on occasionally now) feel the need to stop contributing to the forum. I do know there was spat with G1BBO who I've also met and can't believe it's all came to this, G1BBO being banned and thecraw deciding to hop it, both genuine nice guys.

On a personal level and im happy it being seen here, I've become friends with Crawford over the last year or so on and off the forum, without meeting Crawford or by just lurking on here I may never have had the chance to play some fantastic golf courses and meet some very decent people over the last year or so (and I don't just mean the Scottish lot), it's pretty sad that he feels he has had to leave the forum and I know as much as anyone that his posts can be looked upon as stirring and antagonising but those who know him better know he is not that character.

So Crawford, it's adios amigo on the forum front, Im looking forward to a fantastic weekend in Machrihanish but more importantly than any of that I'd like to say THANK YOU for what I have benefitted from getting to know you via this forum.

That said, get your toys back in the pram and get posting ;)

G

guest100718

for thecraw to leave the forum.

After sleeping on the events of last night I've decided enough is enough and its time to call it a day and golf off into the sunset. I've wasted five and half years of my life on here but had some genuine fun and met some amazing people whom I call friends all through the love of golf.

I've also managed to get great prices on skirting (thanks bomber)and valuable advice on cars from Smithy plus lots of other help and advice from the genuine people on here. Cheers to you all.

I've been lucky enough to get invites to places like the Old Course St Andrews, Scotscraig, Blairgowrie, and even Walton Heath courtesy of GM and many other great courses. Many thanks to everyone who has put up with me.

I enjoy the banter and love pulling legs, some people get it some don't - hay ho, that's life I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. I'm happy to take abuse all day long deserved or not its water off a ducks back, where I draw the line is threats of violence. That really doesn't sit well with me at all.

Mods - its been fun, we've had our "ups & downs" but its as I say - it's been fun and I respect what you do and put up with on a daily basis.

The scousers guys I loved your company at West Lancs, great banter, great bunch of lads. I genuinely offer any of you a game any time at West Kilbride or Machrihanish plus I want a shot at shelling a ball at Stuart C's head!!! ;)

Homer Sir, I take my hat off to you. You must have skin thicker than a Rhino. The abuse you take yet you keep coming back for more! I respect you for that and genuinely wish you success in your pursuit of single figures. Good luck mate.

The Scottish lads and lassies you've all been brilliant and hope to stay in touch and have a few games. Fabian, I now officially appoint you as Millport organiser. Please keep me in the loop.

Before I go I will be making a post in the Post a Review section later and I'll update the Machrihanish thread on Tuesday, possibly Monday night.

I'll keep an eye on the arrange a game section and possibly attend a meet or two in the future with the good guys I've met on the forum. Anyone who wishes a game at WK or Mach just drop me a PM (I'll get an email notification) or an email and I'll pick it up, your more than welcome.

Finally just for Stuart C - God bless David Moyes. :ears:

LOL, who cares.

S

Snelly

Shame.

Craw's posts were usually worth reading and I admired his spikiness. Don't go Craw, you added value to this.

Not something that can be said for a very significant proportion of what gets posted on this forum. A huge percentage is complete tripe and/or incredibly dull.

Which reminds me, I must seek advice on colour schemes for the new range of Adidas shoes from the forum. I am keen to avoid sock colour clashes and usually favour a pastel twill trouser....

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
if this is you off for good then best wishes to you Craw. Whether I agreed with you or not you certainly livened the place up and kept things interesting and that can only be seen as a good thing.