Happy WHS Email day

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
All those who are commenting on a lower handicap index should remember it's based around a course with a slope of 113, when you check it against jour course slope it may be a higher playing HC
Am I right in thinking that scores submitted this month won't get added to the calculation until the day before it goes live..?
If so, and you've put scores in this month, your index is likely to change?
So why are they putting out now?

Swango1980

Visit site
Am I right in thinking that scores submitted this month won't get added to the calculation until the day before it goes live..?
That is correct (for clubs that use ClubV1 anyway, but possibly for all ISVs)

It confuses me also. I don't see why that can't have it fully operational for a few weeks before launch at least, so golfers can see it work in anger before moving fully over to it. I thought that was always meant to be the case, with both the CONGU and WHS systems operating in parallel before the official launch of WHS. It seems this is not the case anymore.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site

To further muddy the water.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’ve had an email from my club asking me to update my preferences to allow golf England to access my personal data. ??‍♂️

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Email has been sent by EG but log in doesn’t work

I think that is an email reminding club officials to log in and check if they haven't already done so.

My club recieved such an email and forwarded it on to me. The email gave no instructions as to what was supposed to be used as a user name or password....i tried my own email address and DoB but it didn't work.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think that is an email reminding club officials to log in and check if they haven't already done so.

My club recieved such an email and forwarded it on to me. The email gave no instructions as to what was supposed to be used as a user name or password....i tried my own email address and DoB but it didn't work.
Yep for club officials, it’s the login that you used to complete the requested corse info a month or two back

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I’m still waiting. Boss starting to question why I look more vacant than usual. I can’t tell him I’m daydreaming of a handicap which befits a talent which I have kept hidden for years.........

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
No E-Mail but saw the pro earlier who had a printed list.

Typically my handicap wasn't on the list due to some confusion over my home and away club and my old club being useless.

Got 2 of my PP's handicap index's after asking if they wanted to know, as I was also intrigued as I sit between the two so thought it may give me some steer on how my Index may look.

One was off +2 now off +4, the other was off 5 and now off 2. When taking slope etc. into consideration for home course they are off +3 and 3 respectively so a 1 and 2 shot improvement.

Quite a difference really and I imagine not likely to impact all of a similar ability to this extent.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
No E-Mail but saw the pro earlier who had a printed list.

Typically my handicap wasn't on the list due to some confusion over my home and away club and my old club being useless.

Got 2 of my PP's handicap index's after asking if they wanted to know, as I was also intrigued as I sit between the two so thought it may give me some steer on how my Index may look.

One was off +2 now off +4, the other was off 5 and now off 2. When taking slope etc. into consideration for home course they are off +3 and 3 respectively so a 1 and 2 shot improvement.

Quite a difference really and I imagine not likely to impact all of a similar ability to this extent.
Remember the official new caps won't be published until 2 Nov. There still a few outstanding issues with the software and the quality of some clubs' data