Hank Haney; Muppet or funny guy

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
But at what point do you just say - well those feelings are completely illogical and so should be either ignored or maybe even derided, but certainly not taken in anyway seriously?

Either way, I'll leave it there as I don't have the spare time for this any more :D

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
But at what point do you just say - well those feelings are completely illogical and so should be either ignored or maybe even derided, but certainly not taken in anyway seriously?

Either way, I'll leave it there as I don't have the spare time for this any more :D
I agree with you. Opinions are overrated - I would go so far as to say what he said here was factually not racist, and anyone who thinks it was is wrong.

D

Deleted member 16999

I agree with you. Opinions are overrated - I would go so far as to say what he said here was factually not racist, and anyone who thinks it was is wrong.
That’s just an ignorant biased point of view, his comments were about Asian Females, unless that’s how you describe yourself then how can you relate to what he said and categorically state what he said was not racist.
Wie said it was. Haney said it wasn’t.
Haney apologised if any offence was caused.
End of story.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
That’s just an ignorant biased point of view, his comments were about Asian Females, unless that’s how you describe yourself then how can you relate to what he said and categorically state what he said was not racist.
End of story.
He said a lot of them are named Lee. How in God's green earth is that racist? If I was Korean I'm sure my response would be "there are a lot of us named Lee to be fair".
Of course he apologised, if you're a broadcaster and someone gets offended you apologise or you tend to lose your job. I don't see that as an admission of anything on his part. His apology even clarified that he meant to highlight Korean's dominance of the game if anything.

D

Deleted member 16999

He said a lot of them are named Lee. How in God's green earth is that racist? If I was Korean I'm sure my response would be "there are a lot of us named Lee to be fair".
Of course he apologised, if you're a broadcaster and someone gets offended you apologise or you tend to lose your job. I don't see that as an admission of anything on his part. His apology even clarified that he meant to highlight Korean's dominance of the game if anything.
If your Auntie had balls she’d be your Uncle. :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 16999

I find that very offensive as it is disrespectful to the transgender and non-binary communities.
Nice to see you have so much insight in these communities and other nationalities.

Wolf

Visit site
Currently 4 Lee’s in the Top 30. One is listed as Lee6 and likes to be called “six”.
Was watching coverage last night and I notice Number 6 as well, even has her name displayed on leader boards as JLee6.

My opinion whilst what Haney said was stupid and uncalled for I cannot see it was anyway racist. Then finding out a player called Lee using a number to stand out from all the other "Lees" is kind of ironic

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
He's only gone and done a bit of gloating :oops:

haney_1920_screengrab_tweet.jpg

sunshine

Visit site
End of story.

No no no. This is just wrong. You are confusing facts and feelings.

Someone can feel offended - it is a perception that belongs to them. You can't tell someone how to feel, or how they should feel.

The comment about lots of Lees was a statement of fact. It's not racist. If someone "feels" it was racist, it doesn't mean it is racist. Feeling / perception does not always equal reality.