Handicaps - how official is HDID and other software?

azazel

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi folks,

I posted this at the end of another thread in the lounge but thought it might be better in here.

My current handicap, according to how did i do, is 8.4. I played an away comp last weekend and shot nett 7 above CSS, so due 0.1 back. The guys I played with last weekend have had their adjustments made - one of them wrongly it turns out - but, again according to HDID, mine hasn't changed and is still 8.4. However, the print out at our club, dated July 30th, says 8.5.

Do I ignore HDID and go with what's on the club printout for today's open at my home club? I would expect that to be right but, at the same time, think it might be safer to play off 8 just in case :confused:

I've also emailed the handicap sec but since she'll be out playing today I don't expect an answer from her before I tee off at 2pm so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
HDID is in no way official. As I posted on the other thread, the official handicap position is what is posted at your club - unless you have a possible reduction from an Away score which has not been received and actioned.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Did any of your mates get .1 added? It might have been a reduction only competition so I guess that might explain it.

I am a handicap secretary noob so it might not!

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
HDID is in no way official. As I posted on the other thread, the official handicap position is what is posted at your club - unless you have a possible reduction from an Away score which has not been received and actioned.

Yep. Club is gospel.

The explanation will almost certainly be that the 0.1 has been applied to the Club system - and the list produced - but HDID has not been refreshed with the updated handicap list.

azazel

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Cool, thanks guys.

Two of my mates got cut last week and upon further investigation they're new handicaps aren't on HDID yet either so it's obviously still needing to be updated.

Thanks again.