Submitting General Play for handicap purposes confusion

Jasonr

Club Champion
Visit site
I've searched on here/internet and asked a couple of blokes in my swindle but I can't seem to find a defintive answer.

I played at the weekend with my swindle alongside 3 guys who were playing in an over 55s Stableford Comp. I couldn't play in that comp as I didn't meet the criteria (yet). The comp and the others in the swindle scored stableford. I wanted to submit a GP score via HDID. about Hole 12 I had my first blob so I could not score on that hole. My PPs said put it down as blob and don't hole out so I did. When entering my scores I put played hole but did not score on HDID and for the back 9 it returned a NR. I played better than my handicap but I went up one because of that.

What should I do on that occasion should I hole out even if to do so I shoot 25 on one hole and put that down? or do I put my max score down - am I even allowed to do this?

This weekend it will be casual round - swindle only and on Monday I have a society day at another golf club and if poss. Both are stablefords and I would like to submit GP cards for both days but worried that I have to play stroke play in a stableford comp I could be slowing play down unnecessarily.

Thanks for you help and apologies if this is mentioned somewhere I just cant find it.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
All GP scores are based upon Stableford. There is no need to to finish a hole. You just record NR for any hole started but not finished and NS for any hole not started.
On your England Golf record a NR on a hole will be shown as a net double bogey in black with an asterisk next to it.

Whether or not your handicap stays still, goes up or down depends on how many scores you have on your record and if you have 20 it depends on the score that one knocks off your record.

Reactions: sjw

Jasonr

Club Champion
Visit site
All GP scores are based upon Stableford. There is no need to to finish a hole. You just record NR for any hole started but not finished and NS for any hole not started.
On your England Golf record a NR on a hole will be shown as a net double bogey in black with an asterisk next to it.

Whether or not your handicap stays still, goes up or down depends on how many scores you have on your record and if you have 20 it depends on the score that one knocks off your record.
Thank you