Handicap Review Question

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nice New Year's present from our handicap secretary dropped in my inbox saying I've been cut a shot (to 3.7) in the annual review.

I'm pleased about this but I'm wondering how it works with WHS and the best 8 from 20 scores. After my next qualifier will I just jump back up ????

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
No....what they will do is to historically apply a 1 shot adjustment to each of the last 20 scores in your record....once the 8 scores that currently count as your best start dropping off (either because they are no longer part of the last 20, or because they have been eclipsed by better scores), then the effect of the one shot adjustment will reduce.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
No....what they will do is to historically apply a 1 shot adjustment to each of the last 20 scores in your record....once the 8 scores that currently count as your best start dropping off (either because they are no longer part of the last 20, or because they have been eclipsed by better scores), then the effect of the one shot adjustment will reduce.

Thanks Nick. I can see they've reduced the score diff in my last 20 rounds by 1 shot on the EG app. ?

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Its both a good and bad method. Its effective at applying the reduction and unwinding it round by round thereafter. But annoying in that it isnt distinctly visible from the original scores, and so distorts the record.