Handicap question!

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ok, just want to check I've got this right.

I played yesterday, the results aren't out but unless CSS goes up I've gone up to 7.5, hence playing off 8.

I played an away comp today, still off 7 since I can't increase my handicap myself.....

So today, off 7 I missed buffer by 1. Am I right in thinking that (assuming I do go to 8) that 8 would be used for handicap purposes against today's score? So actually in buffer......

Hope that makes sense.......

Mungoscorner

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I played yesterday, the results aren't out but unless CSS goes up I've gone up to 7.5, hence playing off 8.

I played an away comp today, still off 7 since I can't increase my handicap myself.....

So today, off 7 I missed buffer by 1. Am I right in thinking that (assuming I do go to 8) that 8 would be used for handicap purposes against today's score? So actually in buffer......

Thats how i understand it Karen, your handicap would have been adjusted off the handicap you would of had after yesterdays comp.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes, the exact same happened to me last year , but a few weeks ago it happened again, because a high away score was entered late into the system, which took me to the .5 mark.
I scored a net 70 which was the CSS at my home course on the day.
After the away score was put in I was 1 under the CSS so I got a .3 reduction [at last].
But my score of 70 stood for the competition but was a 69 for handicap purposes. The problem is when your h/c sec is not up to speed, you know your h/c has gone up but you must play off your existing one.

Last edited:

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site

Ah the vagaries of this wonderful game!

CSS went up on Saturday so my handicap didn't....... until Sunday! :rofl: