Handicap - individual v club

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The scenario - you are at 5.4. You are facing a four foot putt to put you into the buffer zone. You miss and you go up 0.1 and go to 6. The next day you have a match for the club where the extra shot may be decisive.

Do you ram the putt in or deliberately miss and take one for the team?

What actually happened was I made the putt and CSS went up anyway so it became a moot point but what would you have done???

D

Deleted member 15344

Take one for the team ? Deliberately missing the putt is handicap manipulation and pretty much cheating. Amazed that someone would even ask the question and expect any other answer

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Dob it past, get the extra shot, stuff them the following day, walk off with a smug grin, it's only cheating if you get caught :whistle:

D

Deleted Member 1156

Apart from anything else, I'm interested to know why the OP thinks 1 shot will be decisive. The game tomorrow could finish 7&6 🤔

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Thing is even if you miss the put there is no certainty that you would be playing of 6 the following day as you cannot put yourself up until the competition has been closed and the handicap adjustment has been made by your club, you can only cut yourself.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Good to see everyone here (except the usual suspect) took the same position as everyone in the clubhouse did. We all had a good laugh about the potential situation but everyone agreed trying to make the putt was the right thing to do.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Good to see everyone here (except the usual suspect) took the same position as everyone in the clubhouse did. We all had a good laugh about the potential situation but everyone agreed trying to make the putt was the right thing to do.

Dude, ask a stupid question, guess what.... :rolleyes:

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
I wouldn't even know what my score was when facing the putt; let alone consider any consequences!

One of the best examples of getting ahead of the shot I've read, and deserves to find it's way into an article - or one of uncle Bob's reprints.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
You have to make the putt or at least miss it with integrity and give it your best chance of holing it in. Glad the majority hold the same view as me and every shot needs to be played honestly and with integrity. It's the bedrock of this fine sport