Handicap - individual v club

D

Deleted member 15344

Homer, with respect, in my opinion it was an absolutely absurd question to ask, utterly ridiculous, deliberately miss a putt, really, someone asked that question.

For once I agree and your sarcasm in regards the daft question being asked was clear to see -I don’t how anyone could think there would be any other answer than to try and putt it in

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
A situation similar to this cropped up tonight with me. Needing a par on 18 to be bang on the css tonight but with a triple bogey on my card I knew if I parred the last I'd lose another .2 and down another shot.

Dilemma ? Booms a drive, knocks it to 20 feet, do I three putt and keep my handicap for the Spring Meeting Saturday or do I finish up as I should ??

First putt left four feet short, do I miss or do I try and hole it ??

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
A situation similar to this cropped up tonight with me. Needing a par on 18 to be bang on the css tonight but with a triple bogey on my card I knew if I parred the last I'd lose another .2 and down another shot.

Dilemma ? Booms a drive, knocks it to 20 feet, do I three putt and keep my handicap for the Spring Meeting Saturday or do I finish up as I should ??

and ?

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
Hole it and then win the comp the week after at lower handicap = awesomeness

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've played lots of sports at various levels. Never thrown any shot, game, wicket etc. Doesn't matter what level, personal pride takes over.
Apart from anything else, I'm interested to know why the OP thinks 1 shot will be decisive. The game tomorrow could finish 7&6 樂
Yes to both of these. First and foremost you don't want to be going up in handicap for personal pride. I couldn't imagine missing a putt on purpose, there would basically be no point in having entered the competition in the first place. Missing it because I'm crap at putting on the other hand... :mad: