Handicap Adjustment question

noble78

Head Pro
Visit site
I played in the monthly medal yesterday and a friend of mine entered too which was his first competition, he had an ok round and shot a net 73(par 71 course) and got a cut to 13.2.
He was suprised he got a cut as he was just over par so thought it would remain the same as he would be in the buffer zone.
Any ideas why he was cut 0.8 for his round? The CSS was 72 yesterday too.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
I played in the monthly medal yesterday and a friend of mine entered too which was his first competition, he had an ok round and shot a net 73(par 71 course) and got a cut to 13.2.
He was suprised he got a cut as he was just over par so thought it would remain the same as he would be in the buffer zone.
Any ideas why he was cut 0.8 for his round? The CSS was 72 yesterday too.

It would not be possible for him to be cut by 0.8. Cat 3 players are reduced in multiples of 0.3.

noble78

Head Pro
Visit site
sorry it was a typo, he was 24.0 and got cut too 23.2
But i just checked HDID and he had 9 stokes on a par3 so i guess that is why he got chopped. i didnt realise that they adjusted bad holes to net double bogies in comps, i knew they did it for getting your first handicap.

thanks for the info fundy :thup:

connor

Tour Rookie
Visit site
slightly off topic but its still handicap related.

As posted before my main playing partner is my old man. He plays off 28 but at times does struggle. I play off 27.2 but really want to crack on and get it down this year. He isnt to keen on playing comps for the fact of doesnt want to come last dont think he has broke a 100 on this course yet but always between 100-108. Just wondering can his h/cap go up if he has a total mare or them take it off him? Just trying to encourage him to play in one as i dont know anyone else at the club to play with.
I would like to play in comps with him plus him to eventually get a lower h/c so we can go around the country and play a prestigous course/well known for his 60th which is in a couple years

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
slightly off topic but its still handicap related.

As posted before my main playing partner is my old man. He plays off 28 but at times does struggle. I play off 27.2 but really want to crack on and get it down this year. He isnt to keen on playing comps for the fact of doesnt want to come last dont think he has broke a 100 on this course yet but always between 100-108. Just wondering can his h/cap go up if he has a total mare or them take it off him? Just trying to encourage him to play in one as i dont know anyone else at the club to play with.
I would like to play in comps with him plus him to eventually get a lower h/c so we can go around the country and play a prestigous course/well known for his 60th which is in a couple years

In the words of the song:

"They can't take that away from me"