Had enough now !...

D

Deleted Member 1156

I'm very lucky, played Hayling yesterday and it was in good condition.

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
We are closed today all day for the first time in quite a while. Rain hammering on the skylight as I type and forecast to last for the rest of the day with another lot forecast for tomorrow also.

Feel a bit guilty whining about it in view of what they've suffered in Cumbria this past few weeks, but why ancient seismic activity couldn't have caused the UK to form round about where Southern Spain is on the globe is rather irritating.:mmm:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We're open but shouldn't be. Standing water apparently on a few greens and on some fairways. Very wet everywhere and soft underfoot. Personally I'd like to see it shut for a few days and give it a chance to recover. It won't happen!

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Closed again and whilst it's annoying know come the Summer we'll be in better state than those who stay open now from past experience, also we've some big events at our this year .

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
We are open again with 8temps. Was going to play a few around midday but it's horrible out there so stuck the cricket on instead.

One way or another I'm hitting balls tomorrow

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Almost identical to Homer's comments. I last played on the 17th of December and nearly went base over tip a couple of times before giving up after seven holes. Ours is a very hilly course and we only have 14 holes in play although I think only eight are fit to use. Common sense would shut the course but commercial pressure keeps it open. It would take someone to slip, break an ankle and sue for a lack of Beware the Quagmire sign before those in power would shut it. I'm not a fair weather player but it is absolutely no fun in these conditions and I will stay away until the ground dries out a bit.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Was a bit wet underfoot at ours in a few places but course was in great condition considering the near constant rain we've had. No standing water on greens and only a few bunkers with water in.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I played today and the course was, understandably, wet but not too bad considering the weather up here. The water is pouring through the burns so you need to start looking downstream if your ball goes in. Greens, however, are in great condition and putted well.
We're off mats all round the course with a few areas roped off but that has to be expected at the moment.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I'm absolutely gagging for a game now....a combination of weather, work and Xmas has meant I haven't picked up a club for what seems like months!!!!
Ok its probably only a week and a half but you know what I mean.
A small ray of sunshine....just had a lesson cancel tomorrow - not enough time for a round but at least I can get to the range to see if I still have a swing...how sad is that?