H4H Weekend - It's like waiting for Christmas

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bitterly disappointed to be missing this but I hope you all have a great day and can break the record total for a worthy charity. Play well chaps (and ladies)
Thanks Homer,
We won't get anywhere near our record total ( £18k 2 years ago )
We won't reach last years total either (£15.5k)

The important thing to remember is that whatever the amount we raise its a bonus. It's easy to get tied up in the "must raise as much money as possible" mentality, but every year I try and temper people's expectations about what we will raise.

For me, the GM H4H charity days are primarily about making new friends, reaffirming old ties, strengthening the bond of the forum by providing a tool that unites us all, even those that can't play.
Raising the money is an inevitable and fantastic outcome of the golf meet and for a great cause that is close to many people on here.

So whatever we raise this year will be OK, H4H will be delighted irrespective of the amount.
I want the golfers on the day to relax, enjoy themselves and the money will take care of itself.
If we try to break the previous years total every time, then it puts a huge amount of pressure on us and it stops becoming enjoyable and starts to feel like a chore.

Hope that makes sense.

D

Deleted member 15344

Thanks Homer,

The important thing to remember is that whatever the amount we raise its a bonus. It's easy to get tied up in the "must raise as much money as possible" mentality, but every year I try and temper people's expectations about what we will raise.

For me, the GM H4H charity days are primarily about making new friends, reaffirming old ties, strengthening the bond of the forum by providing a tool that unites us all, even those that can't play.
Raising the money is an inevitable and fantastic outcome of the golf meet and for a great cause that is close to many people on here.

So whatever we raise this year will be OK, H4H will be delighted irrespective of the amount.
I want the golfers on the day to relax, enjoy themselves and the money will take care of itself.
If we try to break the previous years total every time, then it puts a huge amount of pressure on us and it stops becoming enjoyable and starts to feel like a chore.

Hope that makes sense.

Top post Rick - looking forward to seeing a number of the guys not seen since last year

Ps can you bring my jumper :D

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Thanks Homer,

Hope that makes sense.

Of course it does. I think its a wonderful cause and I am gutted I won't be there. As you say it's always great to put faces to forum names and play with new and different forum members. I hope you have a fantastic days and still make loads of cash