Had enough now !...

Face breaker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
For over a week now I've been looking foward to a round with the boys on 'New Year's Eve' but all its done all day today is piss down, I was hoping it would clear away this afternoon giving the course a chance to drain a bit before tomorrow but no chance !

Tomorrow looks like it's gonna be another day stuck in with the missus watching sh*te on tv 'Happy New Year' dream on, hope next year starts better than this one's gonna end !...😡

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
For over a week now I've been looking foward to a round with the boys on 'New Year's Eve' but all its done all day today is piss down, I was hoping it would clear away this afternoon giving the course a chance to drain a bit before tomorrow but no chance !

Tomorrow looks like it's gonna be another day stuck in with the missus watching sh*te on tv 'Happy New Year' dream on, hope next year starts better than this one's gonna end !...
We were due to play today but I saw the forecast and changed it to yesterday and I'm glad I did. Dry if windy yesterday afternoon but weather today and tomorrow is awful.
Fingers crossed it's clear for Saturday.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Got a game booked at Leasowe tomorrow morning and it doesn't look too promising. One lad has already made his excuses probably because of the forecast but the consolation is it won't be muddy.

Face breaker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Know for a fact our course will be floating by now and will be on mat's and temps in the morning if not already !...😔

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Dodged a bullet today at CUddington and got round completely dry. Has been hosing down since I got home and my own course was already very wet underfoot and I'll be surprised if we are open tomorrow and indeed new year. We did a lot drainage works last winter which is helping but there's only so much it can take. I'm hoping the gale force winds may have a drying effect but feel I'm being way too optimistic

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Played yesterday and a pp said " hope we get as much luck this winter as last when playing". In essence Mother Nature smiled on us massively and we played in some stonking weather. like yesterday.
24 hrs later and it's unreal the difference. Our course is affectionately known as mud wood. But I cannot remember the last time it was closed due to weather.

Face breaker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Even worse than I thought as got greeted by the 'Course Closed' sign when I pulled in the main gate and I couldn't even use the practice ground as they didn't want to give even the slightest of hints that the course may be anywhere near open for play so 'stuck at home and bored sh**less' it is then !...😞

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Last time we managed to get out at ours was the 19th December. Ours is rarely closed due to rain so that alone tells you how bad the weather has been.

However, our house hasn't been flooded so it's only a minor irritation.

gregers

Head Pro
Visit site
played seaford head today,didnt think we would as it ABSOLUTELY phised it down this morning at 7 am,stair rods etc.
mind you it blew my syrup all over the place,was bloody windy up there.
greens were SUPERB.course over all in excellent condition.only off a few mats.

Face breaker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
played seaford head today,didnt think we would as it ABSOLUTELY phised it down this morning at 7 am,stair rods etc.
mind you it blew my syrup all over the place,was bloody windy up there.
greens were SUPERB.course over all in excellent condition.only off a few mats.

Oh yeah, go on, rub it in why don't you !...

gregers

Head Pro
Visit site
Oh yeah, go on, rub it in why don't you !...

ok i will.

once we got into sheltered areas i even rolled my sleeves up,wasnt cold at all just as i said windy.green staff i must say have played a blinder with the greens,even the temp greens they have were in better condition then the greens at my track not that they were in play,just an observation.and the fairways in general were in tip top playing condition.
and for 16 quid for 18 holes i think its bloody good value for money,the new clubhouse is stunning,certainly a vast improvement over the old wooden shack they used to have.poor bloke serving in the bar was rushed off his feet,because of the amount of peeps who were up there,and not just players.dont think theres been much of an improvement over the pro shop compared to the old 1.changing rooms are very nice.
must make a note of going to play there more often.holds a place in my heart,as its the 1st course i broke 100 on.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Amber warning for rain for the next 3 days running. Feels like I'll never get to play golf again at the moment. I am definitely suffering from SAD. :(

Edit: Eurgh! Realise that was a little self centred but I meant no ill. My thoughts are also with those seriously affected by the weather just up the road, it looks like there's no immediate respite and I hope things don't get any worse than they currently are.

Last edited:

ChrisB0210

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Supposed to be playing January medal today. A quick call to the pro shop put paid to that. Course closed due to overnight rain which surprised me as it doesn't seem too bad and I don't think rain was as bad as forecast. That said, all forecasts I've looked at suggest rain all day today and into tomorrow so probably right call.

A trip to the range beckons, hoping forecasts are wrong and we get to play our winter league round tomorrow.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The only supposedly clear days down here are, fortunately, Wednesday and Friday - normal play days - but with the amount of rain that's dropped plus what's coming means it could be a tad sticky......and cold as well, not a good mix...
Was driving home from Wirral on NYE and there's a loot of standing water around.
Doesn't really look good anywhere does it..?

And when will that bloody wind die down!!!!