I guess this makes me a bandit now

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Well done sir! Just one thing; your signature says follow you on Twitter, but when I tried to do this my request was blocked. Didn't think I was that unpopular! :(

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
On New Year's Eve 2014, I said to myself that my New Year's Resolution would be to play golf well enough to shoot a round in the 70's. After leaving my club in September, I had resigned myself to not achieving that goal, since I wasn't playing golf enough to get on a run of good scores or simply practice enough.

In the last month or two, I'd got back into it with practice and a regular round each weekend. I played quite well at the Camberley Heath Winter Stableford day with some good gents from the forum. However, I still had the big 79 or better challenge to meet, with the days rapidly running out.

I'd had some good results over the summer, the closest being a round of 80 on a par 71 course after 4 weeks not playing golf. I thought that might be the closest I got.

Anyway, New Year's Eve 2015, I popped out with my brother in law for a round at a course I'd not played before near him. Par 70, but one par 5 was down to a par 4 so really a 69. I knocked it round in a PB of 76.

2 birdies on the first 9, and a steady run of pars through 7 of the back 9.

I'm stoked, especially to do it on the final round of the year.

I think I need to get a membership again!

Nice one Adam, you were striking it well at CH before Xmas so no surprise that you would put a good score together soon enough.

I know Sandmartins like the back of my hand, a nice 3 on the 15th. One of the more interesting holes on the course, did you lay up with your tee shot or go into the dip?

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well done sir! Just one thing; your signature says follow you on Twitter, but when I tried to do this my request was blocked. Didn't think I was that unpopular! :(

I'm not sure why that is... I've had a couple of new followers recently too. What's your twitter username?

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Nice one Adam, you were striking it well at CH before Xmas so no surprise that you would put a good score together soon enough.

I know Sandmartins like the back of my hand, a nice 3 on the 15th. One of the more interesting holes on the course, did you lay up with your tee shot or go into the dip?

I'd never played the course before, so although the name of the hole "Deception" hinted that something up ahead would be different to how it looked, I just went for it. Hit a drive which finished up just at the end of the fairway where the hill back up to the green is. Managed to drop my wedge to 4ft and knocked in the birdie.

The greens were immense for this time of year.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
I'd never played the course before, so although the name of the hole "Deception" hinted that something up ahead would be different to how it looked, I just went for it. Hit a drive which finished up just at the end of the fairway where the hill back up to the green is. Managed to drop my wedge to 4ft and knocked in the birdie.

The greens were immense for this time of year.
As a previous member, I always went into the dip, once I worked out what clubs to hit from the dip, it was one of my favourite holes.

I gave up my membership due to re-locating, when I left, the course was in fantastic condition.

Great shooting BTW.