Gullane #1, Home of The Scottish Open

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
I played Gullane #1 today, the day it closes to members and guests before hosting The Scottish Open. The course is already in fantastic condition and the atmosphere is beginning to build with the stands and tees all in place. It will be interesting to see how the pros play compared to me!

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I was hoping to marshal but I did not make the ballot as it was over subscribed at my club. Will probably go along for one of the days to watch as I live a few miles away.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
We played a 4bbb against two members. We won the front nine, but lost the back nine and the match was halved. Good result which means a return match at Blairgowrie.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
We'll be marshalling on the 8th hole during the tournament so hoping to see some great golf up close and personal.

The 8th will be a great place to be. It's actually the par 3, 9th hole of the regular course. A spectacular hole with views over to Muirfield and the Firth of Forth.

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Thanks for the pictures, actually I meant the 8th of the no 1 layout which will be the 7th of the composite course, so the one before this par 3. Hopefully the weather is as good as it looks in your pictures :)

Ian

The 8th will be a great place to be. It's actually the par 3, 9th hole of the regular course. A spectacular hole with views over to Muirfield and the Firth of Forth.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi Patrick, it is a composite course for the tournament. Play starts on the second hole and continues until the fourteenth then you play 7 & 8 of Course #2 (I think) then back onto #1 to finish on 15, 16 and 18.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Hi Patrick, it is a composite course for the tournament. Play starts on the second hole and continues until the fourteenth then you play 7 & 8 of Course #2 (I think) then back onto #1 to finish on 15, 16 and 18.

We have a match against them and they were saying they were not using the 1st 17 and 18 because of the road, must have changed their minds on 18.

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Played #2 in may and it was in fantastic condition. Yes, it's the 7th and 8th of #2 that they will be using. Layout will be as follows:
Course No. 1 - 2 to 14
Course No. 2 - 7 playing from the blue tee at 15 on No. 1 and 8 from the new tee.
Course No. 1 - 15 (from a new tee), 16 and 18 (from a new tee)

Looking forward to seeing how flat is looks on TV, because it's anything but!

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
The tented village is on the first fairway and seventeen is driveable with the road behind the green, so I think it is a H&S issue. Eighteen is definitely on, albeit with the tee well back. It appears that they are fencing off the course from the road both for safety and to stop the public to wander in without paying!