Guest Greens Fees

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm intrigued as to what your clubs charge guests in relation to visitor greens fees?

Reason i ask, is i was a little shocked to see that The Centurions guest fee is over £100. I'd happily pay it as i've heard amazing things about it, but did wonder, is there a more expensive guest fee out there?

IIRC a round on the west course @ Wentworth as a guest is less than that.

Last edited:

daveyc2k2

Tour Rookie
Visit site
At our course it's £45 if you're not with a member. If you are that drops to £25, unless you make up a fourball, which then falls again to £20 each (for the 3 who aren't members).

Fyldewhite

Tour Winner
www.blackpoolparkgc.co.uk
Staggered by that to be honest. In these parts I'd guess none are more than around £20 (including Royal Lytham). There are usually limits on how many guests a member can invite over a season but it's very much a member benefit, not really a revenue generator. I can't imagine ever being happy to pay £100 or more for a round of golf!

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Staggered by that to be honest. In these parts I'd guess none are more than around £20 (including Royal Lytham). There are usually limits on how many guests a member can invite over a season but it's very much a member benefit, not really a revenue generator. I can't imagine ever being happy to pay £100 or more for a round of golf!

I'm not suggesting for one second its not value for money, i will bite ricks hand off one day to play it at the cost.

However, i paid £25 at royal Liverpool.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
It also varies according to the approach Clubs take to Guests!

There are some (top) clubs in Scotland where the Guest rate is pretty much token - in the expectation that the hospitality will be returned! Muirfield guest rate is something like a tenner (visitor rate about 225!) and was £3 when the visitor rate was £125! Gullane (#1) guest rate was a fiver when the visitor rate was £90!

I'm sure some of the 'traditional' English clubs are the same. My host never mentioned the rate at Rye and Sandwich/RSG is apparently pretty low. Sunninghill and Swinley are likely to be pretty similar 'bargains' too! Walton Heath is certainly a bargain as a guest compared to the Visitor rate.

It's certainly much better value to play Wentworth as a guest than as a Visitor!

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
£100 for a guest?????

Madness.

Hate to know what a full green fee is if that's the case.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
£100 for a guest?????

Madness.

Hate to know what a full green fee is if that's the case.

unless theyve changed their policy then theres no such thing as a full green fee, have to be a members guest to play there

Ps I believe ours is £19 and probably not worth it currently

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Guest rate at my place, could get you on for a tenner

Guest rates should be low, and much lower than a standard green fee
Normally in the thought that the member that invited the guest is paying, the guest then returning the favour
I believe that's the thinking

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
unless theyve changed their policy then theres no such thing as a full green fee, have to be a members guest to play there

Ps I believe ours is £19 and probably not worth it currently

that's even worse?

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Think ours is £20, not sure normal green fee, £85 or so maybe.

Guest green fees are another area where there is a stark difference between Scotland and England in terms of cost of golf!!

D

Deleted Member 1156

I agree with the comment about it being a member's benefit rather than a revenue generator, Scottish clubs seem to have a better handle on it.

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
Can't help but think charging for a member's guest in this day and age is an opportunity missed for the majority of clubs. Clubs should be actively encouraging members to bring guests and offering the round for free in the hope that some like the place enough to join.

Appreciate some clubs are at max capacity and don't require to do this bit each member should have a number of free guest passes per season.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It also varies according to the approach Clubs take to Guests!

There are some (top) clubs in Scotland where the Guest rate is pretty much token - in the expectation that the hospitality will be returned! Muirfield guest rate is something like a tenner (visitor rate about 225!) and was £3 when the visitor rate was £125! Gullane (#1) guest rate was a fiver when the visitor rate was £90!

I'm sure some of the 'traditional' English clubs are the same. My host never mentioned the rate at Rye and Sandwich/RSG is apparently pretty low. Sunninghill and Swinley are likely to be pretty similar 'bargains' too! Walton Heath is certainly a bargain as a guest compared to the Visitor rate.

It's certainly much better value to play Wentworth as a guest than as a Visitor!

Half a century ago at Muirfield and Gullane guests of members could not pay for a ticket or for anything in the clubhouse.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Also to add if i was the inviting someone as a guest they wouldn't be spending any money at all and vice versa and the favor returned

Hosel Fade

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Ours are a bit silly, the guest fees are:
30 midweek
35 weekend

Only represent 10 quid off the full price when really they should be maximum 50% of full price.

DCB

Visit site
Also to add if i was the inviting someone as a guest they wouldn't be spending any money at all and vice versa and the favor returned

Seems to be a common approach here Patrick. I've signed on many guests over the years and usually the favour is returned in the same spirit when lam invited to play at their clubs.