Guest Greens Fees

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Guest £13 week, £15 weekend
Visitor £75 week, £95 weekend (I think).

i know about 3 years ago guest (day ticket) at Royal Troon was £10 - what a bargain that is!

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
Must be a decent track.
We turn our noses up at anything over £30.

It's an ok course, usually very well kept, but I think, green fees are a lot higher on average in Germany anyway. Most other courses in the area charge about the same, the top courses (like Hubbelrath, where the Ladies European Masters will be played or Lärchenhof, where the BMW International Open is held) are well over 100 € and I know only very few that charge less than 50 € for 18 holes. And they are all way stingier with things like twilight or early bird rates as well.

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Can't help but think charging for a member's guest in this day and age is an opportunity missed for the majority of clubs. Clubs should be actively encouraging members to bring guests and offering the round for free in the hope that some like the place enough to join.

Appreciate some clubs are at max capacity and don't require to do this bit each member should have a number of free guest passes per season.

This is the type of thinking that is breaking golf and golf clubs.......

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Seems to be a common approach here Patrick. I've signed on many guests over the years and usually the favour is returned in the same spirit when lam invited to play at their clubs.

This for me as well, seems to be the norm up here.

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
Until 2 years ago we were allowed the first 6 guests free , then as many as you like for £5.
But it's now the first 6 @ £5, then £10 per guest.
Hopefully the free tickets will come back soon .

They did limit the number of visits a FREE guest could play, to once a month, to stop them being invited by a different member every week.

This sounds like the best idea. You get to promote your course to someone free of charge to little or no cost to the club. You never know they might just join.

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
This is the type of thinking that is breaking golf and golf clubs.......

Ummm. Care to elaborate? Surely you want as many people through your doors as possible to 'promote' your club, especially if membership is dwindling. Many courses offer a free round when you show interest in joining. Just think if all members were given 6 free guest passes per year. You may get a number of new people joining. The high guest prices may put some off, meaning less people through the door. Maybe it's the old-fashioned, stuck-in-the-mud thinking that's breaking golf.

Hosel Fade

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Chatting to my dad about this today actually, ours is £12 but the limit on how many you can take on is meant to be 12 but they will let you take on as many as you want really. But Joe public can book a tee time on tee off times for our course for the same as we get a guest on for. That's pretty poor.

Had that issue at a previous club, not sure if it still persists but that is just never acceptable

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Ummm. Care to elaborate? Surely you want as many people through your doors as possible to 'promote' your club, especially if membership is dwindling. Many courses offer a free round when you show interest in joining. Just think if all members were given 6 free guest passes per year. You may get a number of new people joining. The high guest prices may put some off, meaning less people through the door. Maybe it's the old-fashioned, stuck-in-the-mud thinking that's breaking golf.

I don't think it would achieve anything, if someone can't afford to pay a £20 guest fee which seems to be the average, what benefit will the odd new member bring after having say 3,600 more people hack up your course due to all those free passes!

If the course and facilities are good enough then people will join it, the only reason they won't, even though the quality is apparent, will be because of cost, so giving the opportunity of thousands of free rounds out wont do anything other than put far more wear on your beloved course due to all that extra traffic, which then members will end up complaining about!

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think it's a bit of an insult to the member (who is already paying through the nose for membership) to then charge £102 to take on a guest. Usual golf etiquette is to pay guest fees for friends in the knowledge that the invitation will returned (guest would offer to buy food/drink)
P.s. We're £15.

I would never expect anyone to pay my guest fee Kenny. Nice gesture and its done by many others too, at most courses I've been a guest I'm normally just happy for the invite and pay what is required

£10 at Easter Moffat and £20 at Wallasey

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I would never expect anyone to pay my guest fee Kenny. Nice gesture and its done by many others too, at most courses I've been a guest I'm normally just happy for the invite and pay what is required

£10 at Easter Moffat and £20 at Wallasey

I pay the £10 when i only have the 1 guest, but i often have 3 guests, occasionally twice in the same week, then i'll take the money.

I don't mind paying the guest fee when invited to other courses, i usually win it back off them anyway :rofl:

Dannyj1984

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I was disappointed to learn that as an academy member I can't bring guests

Visitor fee is £35 guest fee is £16 so when I play with my friends we go to Disley up the road where it's a 10er each for visitors, so my friends just pay £15 each and therefor pay for me :)

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I pay the £10 when i only have the 1 guest, but i often have 3 guests, occasionally twice in the same week, then i'll take the money.

I don't mind paying the guest fee when invited to other courses, i usually win it back off them anyway :rofl:

To be honest I'd probably do the same for 1 although haven't gave it consideration in the past if I'm honest.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Amuses me people who only have to pay £20 but moan it's expensive and ask for a discount on that. Do they ask for a discount when they buy their petrol.