Got a bargain today.

EaseNgrace

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
As i've mentionned i've been looking for 2 Mizuno MPT-10 wedges recently, I was given a price for 2 of £130 inc. delivery by an ebay shop which I thought was fantastic. I just thought i'd leave it a few days and see if I could find any locally that I didn't have to wait around for, no luck. But while browsing the pro shop at the local driving range what I did find was 2 Wilson TW9 wedges (ex demo) in 52 and 56 degrees, they were in great condition and they wanted £40 for the 2 so I snapped them up. Not the Mizzys iv'e been drooling over for so long but I had a hit with them on the range and they feel great. So I just saved myself £90, which is lucky considering how slender my wallet is looking just after xmas, and even better I get a pat on the back from the missus rather than a kick up the arse.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
At the end of the day its all about confidence with the wedges, more so probably than with any other club. If you've found a couple that you're happy with and saved a shedload of cash in my opinion it seems only proper to go to the local and congratulate yourself with a few beers.

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Wilson produce good clubs at the top end of their range,I'm sure the wedges are no exception. They were at a great price,I'm sure they will not let you down, good luck with them.

pottz

Hacker
Visit site
Hi all

first time using this site. Thinking of getting a good hybrid club - anyone got any pointers. Currently use taylor nade burner irns and woods but open to any make/model.

cheers

Pottz

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi Pottz, welcome to the forum. Post this question in the ask the experts or the lounge sections and you will get a lot more answers from some really knowledgeable guys.

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you see whats in my bag iv got 3 of them i think there great the 48,52,56 as the loft of my Pw is 44 iv got 4deg between them all....
But then again im kinda biased when it comes to Wilson Staff gear mainly because its affordable as you've just found out and as well because im irish and harrington plays with them :D

EaseNgrace

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Im well chuffed, I don't know about going down the pub though Homer, i've got so much booze left over from xmas there's no need to leave the house. Just got to think what to buy with the £90 I saved now. I know I should keep it in the bank really or it's not really saved at all, but it's so tempting.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Sorry it's a bit late now, but Direct Golf are doing all Mizuno MP-T and MP-R (except the black) for £39.99 each or £75 for 2.

Doh! Realised the ones you were after is the black one :eek:

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Has anyone ever hit the Wilson Staff Pi7's and if so what are they like?
I was just reading Mono's post about where did you get that from and online golf was mentioned as a good shop....They have these for £195 which is pretty cheap i think....

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site

You know me. Yes, I've hit them. Damn fine i.m.o.
They're quite odd-looking but other than that....

Unbeatable deal really for under £200. :cool:

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
I thought you might have hit them Dave.
For under 200 Bucks there pretty reasonable.
I might just get them and keep them till next season till hopefully the handicap drops a bit....There like a slimmer version of my own Di7's.

beck9965

Head Pro
Visit site
I was just reading Mono's post about where did you get that from and online golf was mentioned as a good shop....They have these for £195 which is pretty cheap i think....

I saw this and was very tempted as it's such a bargain but i'm holding off till i get my Mizunos in March.

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Im probably going to get some flak for this but are Mizuno's really that much more special than the competition?

EaseNgrace

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Im probably going to get some flak for this but are Mizuno's really that much more special than the competition?
Yes, In my opinion the feel is unmatched by other brands, far superior construction. My brother wanted Titleist before being fitted, he hit the AP2's brilliantly. He then (reluctantly) tried Mizuno MX-300 on my recommendation, he said the feel was better but was still going to get the AP2's until he looked at the stats on the flightscope, the Mizzys were on average 5-10 yards longer with better dispertion.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site

You havn't lived till you have middled a mizuno! ;)

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site

You havn't lived till you have middled a mizuno! ;)
Spot on, leave all the others in the shade. Sorry to anyone outside Leeds but I got a bargain today. Garforth golf range are knocking out Proquip waterproofs at HALF PRICE. I just got a cracking PQLITE jacket for £29.00 that's a bargain.