Good drills to change an out to in swing path ?

AllyLodge

Head Pro
Visit site
For a few months I have been struggling with an out to in downswing. It fixes itself for a few days after a lesson , but I only have a lesson once every few months or so.
So I am looking for some drills that will change my pull-left-with-a-slice-out-to-in-swing-path;) to an in to out swing path, which will hopefully lead to a draw. If anyone knows any, I will be truly grateful if you can share them with me.
Thanks in advance, and merry Christmas !

-Ally

oakey22

Head Pro
Visit site
There is a headcover drill on here which bobmac did a video before, basically you use 2 spongles, one behind the ball outside the target line and the other infront of the ball inside the target line, It basically looks like a diaganol gate with your ball in the middle, you will see what i mean when you see it. :)

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The headcover drill is a good one, but if your lesson fixes it for a few days has your pro not given you a drill to work on?

SGC001

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
A couple of images that may help:

1: In Bobby Jones on golf he recommended picturing the hands staying ahead of the ball through impact.

2: Brad Faxon once said he used to imagine an electric cable with about 2000 volts running through about 3 foot above the ball and parrallel to the ground. He wanted to swing under the cable. Kind of a similar idea to that T bar foam anti-slice thing if you've ever seen it.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
If your willing to work hard at it, dare I suggest Stack & Tilt.
It's starting to work for me & I've only had one range session so far.
Had no lesson but have bought the S&T book by Bennett & Plummer.
Mind you, I've only been struggling with an out to in, reverse pivot, violent slice for 20 years or so.
All the best,

Slime.

DavidO

Head Pro
Visit site
In the downswing keep the butt end of the club pointing at the ball untill the clubshaft gets parellell with the target line. When you swing outside the butt end will tend to point back towards your stomache on the way down.

The pump drill is a good drill. Here is a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCZYAPsj1IM

I might look a bit daft trying that down the range, but worth a go!!