Good & Bad sites/shops - a review.

Waitforme

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Re: Good & Bad sites/shops - a review.

I'd like to add that I had a bad experience with 118Golf last year. They are listed in the BAD list on page one.

I'd never use them again no matter what prices they advertised.

njc1973

Head Pro
Visit site

Big thumbs up for click golf bought 2 Cleveland 588 forged wedges for 45 quid each and delivered with 3days

Fish

Banned
Visit site

I follow Steve from Skycaddie on Twitter and he is alerting everyone that Golfspin in NOT an authorised Skycaddie distributor.

It would seem that this company along with other names it has used such as Golfgps, thecaddy.co.uk and Painswick Golf Club Professional have all traded out of Painswick Gloucestershire and import direct from America and have surfaced again quite aggressively and are at the top of a lot of searches pushing new models of GPS very cheaply!

Whilst that is not illegal, you are only covered by the UK Sales of Good Act which is no good if he (I believe Marc Cotterell) were to close down (liquidate) and set up again under a new limited company name, in that case you would have no manufacturers warranty to fall back on as they are deemed as 'Grey Goods' and not distributed via an authorised UK dealership!

If you sent anything back to them, it is unlikely they would return the goods to the USA and if they did, it would most certainly fall outside of what is deemed to be a 'reasonable amount of time', so with that said, and with what I have read elsewhere, this company does not operate well within our UK laws of sales.

I have done a search on other boards and it seems there is a lot of history of poor service, no refunds, avoidance and the list goes on, we have all just recently seen this behaviour with another company unfortunately, so, as Steve and we all say to ourselves, 'if it looks too good to be true, it generally isn't!'

You've been warned.

matt71

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Would like to a add a positive post regarding County Golf. I placed an order with them back in May for some golf shirts. The items were shipped next day and received ok. However one of the shirts was a tad on the small size so returned it. Unfortunately our friends at Royal mail failed to deliver it back to County Golf and tried themselves to locate where it was. Stupidly I had washed my receipt from the post office (so I can put in a claim) and after I explained the matter to the retailer they have shipped out a new shirt today in a bigger size with no extra cost. They did not need to do this as it was not their fault. Its good to see some companies do go that bit extra to help the customer even if it means them being out of pocket too.

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site

Ordered an item from Direct Golf just before 2pm yesterday and paid standard delivery of £2.99 for 3-5 days delivery.
Item arrived today.

Pretty impressed!

mister v

Visit site
another big thumbs up for county golf, great range of kit at great prices, 2-3 days delivery on standard or you can pay for next day. quality kit. Adidas trousers for £14.99 proper bargain!!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just wanted a quick thumbs up to Golfclubs4cash

They give some wicked prices on items you have for sale

Offer much more than golfbidder I find

Last week sold them a 3 wood for £60 that golf bidder offered me £35 for

Today sold them 2 more clubs

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’ll give a thumbs up for affordablegolf.co.uk

Placed an order for some Ecco shoes, as they were the only place that were showing in my size and the colour I wanted. Called me today to say that they were out of stock, but should have them in a couple of days.

Didn’t need to call but did...much appreciated

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I'll give a thumbs up to discountgolfstore.co.uk (y)

Was recently looking for a travel cover for the golf clubs, narrowed it down to 2, asked them to double check that the item had lockable side pockets. They unboxed the 2 that I was looking at to double check, when I found it £30 cheaper they price matched. Quickly delivered and a pleasure to deal with, thanks chaps. :)

Dannyc

Visit site
Just had email from county golf
Ping polos 14.99 Absolute bargain I’ve already got one I bought last season there quality tops in the hot weather

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Good to hear as I just ordered an Odyssey putter at a much lower price than anywhere else.

Fingers crossed.
Sure you’ll be fine. I spent £135 on under armour gear last year which got me 5 tops. Couldn’t find them individually cheaper than £220 elsewhere.

They do seem to have quite a few bargains. Never had an issue with “sorry item sold out after purchase” like some stores seem to have.

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Afternoon , can anybody give me advice on this website? are they ok ? have you used them before?

http://golfdepot.co.uk/

Although a genuine business with genuine stock I would not buy online from them. There are hundreds of reviews available to read and they are a MUST read before placing an order with them. Just google to see what I mean

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Online golf - I see got a thumbs down above, but despite the slower than average delivery time frames (which they make clear) I have had nothing but good experiences from them

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Update re Golf Gear Direct

I'm starting to get concerned about these people and will be raising a claim through PayPal tomorrow.

Ordered a putter a week ago. Not heard anything since and they've not answered three emails I've sent in the last two days, nor do they answer the phone. It rings then goes to voicemail asking you to contact them via their email. Absolutely dreadful service, I'll not be using them again nor would I recommend them.