Golfing Memoirs

Svenska

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm sure this type of topic has been done to death on here but i'm interested to hear people's funny experiences on and off the course.

I've two that spring to mind from back in the day at my golf club. Firstly, there was a shot gun competition one Saturday and an old character from my club was running severely late to make the tee off. I was in his group and we were teeing off on the 11th hole, so it was a bit of a trek from the clubhouse down to the tee. Anyway, 3 of us had made the tee in plenty of time and were waiting for Pete. The next thing we saw a car hurtling down the 9th fairway, much to our amazement. As it got closer it was clear that it was Pete in his Granada Scorpio and he was about to try and drive over the golf cart bridge. He got it all wrong and hit the bridge at an angle and his car ended up in the ditch, he even had the audacity to try and get his clubs out the boot and tee off with us. He received a ban and it cost him a fair amount in the bar in the coming weeks/months as everyone ripped him.

The 2nd story also led to a club member being banned for a short while, although he wouldn't dare show his face for a lot longer than the ban he received. After our yearly Club Championship this said person was holding court in the bar. It was a very hot summers day and he was sporting a lovely crisp pair of white chinos. He declared that he had a fart and proceeded to cock his leg from his chair and let rip, let rip he did and he followed through. The level of horror on his face and on others as it sunk in what he'd just done will stay with me for the rest of my life. There was barry everywhere and it was absolutely horrible. I still don't know how this bloke dared return to the club several months later, he's never really lived it down. He's also never worn a pair of white trousers again from what I can gather.

Svenska

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Second story

Why did he get banned for

Excremented on the chair and through shame and embarrassment he left sharpish and didn't clear it up. A little harsh given the stick he was going to get anyway but that's certain golf clubs for you.