Joint 10th as a team (out of 34 teams) not bad I'll take that

Lovely weather for it aswell

Nice little par 3 comp afters on the par 3 course

Beat the team with my coach in! Bragging rights

Following on from this, today was the Essex open 36 hole at my course

Fresh off me beating him yesterday my coach won the event .. cracking golfer

+1 in round 1

After 27 holes was +2

Finished the back 9 with an eagle to come in -3 for the tournament.. tied first then won a 4 hole play off

Amazing

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Mentioned to a good mate of mine at the club that on Tuesday I’m playing one of our +2 players off scratch. In handicap comp he’d be giving me 9 shots.

I mused that I doubt I had much chance (he’s relatively new to the club and I’ve never played with or against him before). He looked at me and smiled. I quipped well it’s matchplay - you never know. He smiled again - we do…you lose. Thanks Olly 🤣

Well let’s see how far I get.🙄

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
The Seniors have a whatsapp group to manage matches. There are clear instructions on what it's used for.

Of course that's beyond many and it's pure comedy gold. 😃

Eg today. Had a drop out for this week's match.. only reply if you can fill in, says the note.

Then follows about ten old boys apologising for being unable to help, several suggestions of possibles and question about the meal!!😁😁😁

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
The Seniors have a whatsapp group to manage matches. There are clear instructions on what it's used for.

Of course that's beyond many and it's pure comedy gold. 😃

Eg today. Had a drop out for this week's match.. only reply if you can fill in, says the note.

Then follows about ten old boys apologising for being unable to help, several suggestions of possibles and question about the meal!!😁😁😁

Yup, I'm in a roll-up group with about 100 blokes in it. The weekly text comes out asking who's in? Then the obligatory pile-in of ppl saying they can't play :rolleyes:

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Yup, I'm in a roll-up group with about 100 blokes in it. The weekly text comes out asking who's in? Then the obligatory pile-in of ppl saying they can't play :rolleyes:

The other variable is a society I play in sends out fixture emails. If you're playing, just say so, if not, don't reply.

Yep, dozens of emails of either answer, sent "Reply All!" 🤣

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Got an email from the club earlier than I won the par 3 comp after the pro am.. basically the little par 3 course (9 hole) which is next to the range we could enter for free and just lowest gross after half index is taken away

Won myself a hat 🤣 wins a win

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
A struggle today for her. Very difficult weather conditions apparently, and maybe the pressure of feeling she was carrying the team, had an impact but +6 her poorest round in yonks. No matter. Her college qualified for the National finals. Will be interesting to hear her feedback to her coach.
Lottie leading field after yesterday’s 1st round of the US National College (NCAA) Finals. The report on her college (Florida State University) website speaks volumes…(extract)

Woad carded a career-low and program record tying 65 and leads the individual standings by one stroke over Isabella Rawl of Clemson.

Woad carded a 7 under par score of 65. She tied her personal record for a low score in a single round, tied the school record for a low score in a single round, and set the school record for the low score in a single round in the NCAA Championship Finals. Woad came within one shot of tying the all-time record low score of 64 in the NCAA Championship finals event. The best score in relation to par in NCAA Championship Finals history is a 64 by Megan McChrystal of LSU in 2010.

Long way to go in the finals but what a great start.

(…and as for her poor final rnd in the regional qualifier. The weather was very difficult and the course set up and prep on the day didn’t help).