Golf Random Irritations

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We had a similar incident recently when we were carry only. Despite members telling him it was carry only he stubbornly carried on until the 9th when he found a welcoming committee of the GM, head pro and Steward (who had already spoken to him as the first is adjacent to his accommodation). He was told his picture was on file as was his registration and he should consider himself banned from the club. Whether he has the front to return remains t be seen
This could be the answer to slow play.
A comittiee welcome on one of the tees to find out why they are so far behind play.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've gone back to a previous club that I was a member of. I went to book a slot for the 20th, plenty available, but had forgotten that you can not add on to an existing booking. There is no one else playing at the moment bar that one person! I have emailed the person and am now waiting to see if they want someone else playing with them or not. It's clumsy though. Just keep all of the slots open so that people can add themselves if they want to.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've gone back to a previous club that I was a member of. I went to book a slot for the 20th, plenty available, but had forgotten that you can not add on to an existing booking. There is no one else playing at the moment bar that one person! I have emailed the person and am now waiting to see if they want someone else playing with them or not. It's clumsy though. Just keep all of the slots open so that people can add themselves if they want to.

On BRS?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
…when someone jumps onto the 1st tee in front of me without booking the tee time. I often like to play a few holes with a couple of balls and so look for an afternoon tee time with nobody in front for a few holes, and if possible nobody immediately behind. I check the tee bookings shortly before I go out and if there is someone in there I’ll often move myself back. But turning up on the tee to see one or more players heading up the 1st when they’ve not booked the tee just irritates.

To be able to book a tee time in this way is I accept a fortunate situation to be in. But nonetheless it’s irritating.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
…when someone jumps onto the 1st tee in front of me without booking the tee time. I often like to play a few holes with a couple of balls and so look for an afternoon tee time with nobody in front for a few holes, and if possible nobody immediately behind. I check the tee bookings shortly before I go out and if there is someone in there I’ll often move myself back. But turning up on the tee to see one or more players heading up the 1st when they’ve not booked the tee just irritates.

To be able to book a tee time in this way is I accept a fortunate situation to be in. But nonetheless it’s irritating.
I'm with you on this one, as I occasionally do the same. If I am going out on my own, I look for that gap so I can stroll around re-hitting bad shots and trying to replicate the good. When I look at the first tee and find some random has wandered up without booking irritates the life out of me, when it's a stream of golfers.......................

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

When that happens to me I stroll up and ask them what time they have booked, quickly mentioning when I have booked. They pretty much always then stand back and let me go off.

That doesn't help you with the gap you thought existed but at least it gets you out in front of them.

Anyone just turning up and not booking, taser 'em (or maybe not I suppose)

Mandofred

Visit site
Holy poop! Went in for the Wed rollup this morning. The new April handicaps with adjustments have been posted. My playing handicap dropped from 7 to 5. Pretty well all 17 who showed up today (rain hit just after we finished) lost 2 shots. Talk about grumbling. I haven't been paying attention to why this was happening, but I had at least seen on places like this that there would be some adjustments. Ouch.