Golf Random Irritations

D

Deleted member 15344

Slow play !!!

Was two clubs and a putter today , shotgun start , we had two groups on our tee , the other group due to go off 7 mins earlier- one of their group strolling to the tee late , they then decided to play at a snails pace , 4:45 !! They lost 2 and half holes , embarrassing- if you can’t keep up with the group in front then basic etiquette at the very least let through the groups behind through - some are far too obsessed with their elongated pre shot routine and then having to practise the shot after you have already hit it.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Slow play !!!

Was two clubs and a putter today , shotgun start , we had two groups on our tee , the other group due to go off 7 mins earlier- one of their group strolling to the tee late , they then decided to play at a snails pace , 4:45 !! They lost 2 and half holes , embarrassing- if you can’t keep up with the group in front then basic etiquette at the very least let through the groups behind through - some are far too obsessed with their elongated pre shot routine and then having to practise the shot after you have already hit it.

I’d have been teeing off first if all of their group wasn’t there ready.

How many times did you ask to get let through?

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
I’m also on the slow play irritation bus.

4h20 and 4h15 for 18 holes over the past 2 weekends. Absolute p take. Waiting on shots and watching the idiots in front stuff about.

One of the reasons - We are on mats. You would think players would go to their ball. Drop the mat and set up to play on turn. Nope. Each of the crayon crunchers ahead of us this weekend wait until it’s their turn to go through the rigmarole. Morons.

Winter golf is a hit and giggle. Greens are not great, it’s very wet (even the Hotchkin) and there is limited light. Get on with it.

Mandofred

Visit site
I’m also on the slow play irritation bus.

4h20 and 4h15 for 18 holes over the past 2 weekends. Absolute p take. Waiting on shots and watching the idiots in front stuff about.

One of the reasons - We are on mats. You would think players would go to their ball. Drop the mat and set up to play on turn. Nope. Each of the crayon crunchers ahead of us this weekend wait until it’s their turn to go through the rigmarole. Morons.

Winter golf is a hit and giggle. Greens are not great, it’s very wet (even the Hotchkin) and there is limited light. Get on with it.
Slow players .....are just plain slow players whether they use mats or not. I've never understood why some people put in the big tee to hold the mat down....why? Flop the mat down and smack the ball. If you hit the ball first like you are supposed to....whether the mat moves or not is irrelevant.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
People playing from the normal tees when we clearly have winter tees & mats in operation then claiming “I did not see that”

Those same people also playing from the fairway when “lift and place in semi rough” is in operation

Those same people getting super defensive when you confront them about it.

It’s the same at my place with trollies at the moment.

You point out there’s a trolley van and all we get is i didn’t know, no one told me or that others are using them

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
People playing from the normal tees when we clearly have winter tees & mats in operation then claiming “I did not see that”

Those same people also playing from the fairway when “lift and place in semi rough” is in operation

Those same people getting super defensive when you confront them about it.
it was always the same at Nairn we have not been move to the first cut in 14 years and in that time between Nov to April its no play from the fairway with mats in place, yet you still get divots not only on the fairway, but also on the par 3s with a mat on them. you always get guys when pulled up about either saying, i didn't know or i forgot!!!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bought a second hand putter and it has an old, very thin grip on it. So now I have to use it with that before deciding whether it's worth spending £30 to regrip an £80 putter. :rolleyes:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think a new grip is a must as I'd find the old one off putting in my mind if not in my hands. There must be grips cheaper than £30
I agree, but I also want to see if I actually like the putter / putterhead before I spend money on a new grip for it. Rather than that buy the new grip, decide I don't like the putter, and then have to try and sell it for more than I paid, ha. Grips are expensive it seems, I was having a look and a SuperStroke Pistol 2.0 that I'd probably go for is like £28. I don't know enough about grips to choose a cheaper brand, I've only ever had putters that already had thick grips on them so I've never bought a new one before.

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I agree, but I also want to see if I actually like the putter / putterhead before I spend money on a new grip for it. Rather than that buy the new grip, decide I don't like the putter, and then have to try and sell it for more than I paid, ha. Grips are expensive it seems, I was having a look and a SuperStroke Pistol 2.0 that I'd probably go for is like £28. I don't know enough about grips to choose a cheaper brand, I've only ever had putters that already had thick grips on them so I've never bought a new one before.
Could you build out the thin grip using tape or the rolled tape that you used to use to re-grip tennis/squash rackets (last time I bought that, it was dirt cheap - probably not as much now)? It wouldn't be perfect but it might give you an idea as to whether it's worth it.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Could you build out the thin grip using tape or the rolled tape that you used to use to re-grip tennis/squash rackets (last time I bought that, it was dirt cheap - probably not as much now)? It wouldn't be perfect but it might give you an idea as to whether it's worth it.
Surely that would ruin the existing grip if I then decide to sell the putter??