Golf Random Irritations

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Last few weeks have pretty much made my mind up about next year, no point renewing. Have hardly played since August, seeing that DD going out each month is annoying.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Last few weeks have pretty much made my mind up about next year, no point renewing. Have hardly played since August, seeing that DD going out each month is annoying.

Pretty much what caused me not to renew. It was getting hard to justify the cost based on only being able to play at weekends and then we lost nearly 2 months due to the weather and when the course did open it was still offering reciprocals to all the other closed local courses and so the queue on the first was over an hour long playing on what was a shortened and makeshift course. I quit at the end of that year. Actually been much happier playing the very odd round as a nomad with mates but otherwise having my weekends available to do other things and a grand in my pocket to pay for them.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Pretty much what caused me not to renew. It was getting hard to justify the cost based on only being able to play at weekends and then we lost nearly 2 months due to the weather and when the course did open it was still offering reciprocals to all the other closed local courses and so the queue on the first was over an hour long playing on what was a shortened and makeshift course. I quit at the end of that year. Actually been much happier playing the very odd round as a nomad with mates but otherwise having my weekends available to do other things and a grand in my pocket to pay for them.

The cost of the green fees I would've paid this year for my home course just don't stack up against my membership fee, be daft to renew next year unfortunately.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
The cost of the green fees I would've paid this year for my home course just don't stack up against my membership fee, be daft to renew next year unfortunately.

That was how it got for me and I also got to a stage where i was feeling obligated to play every weekend to ensure I was getting value even if I was not in the mood for a game.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
We've been closed 9 out of the last 10 days.
We've been closed 12 days in a row, and 15 out of the last 17.

I was hoping we would be open tomorrow as today was forecast to be the third dry day in a row, but it chucked it down late afternoon, so that's probably scuppered that. More rain forecast for Wednesday so will be lucky to be open again by the weekend. Totally depressing.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Our place being open, front 9 only. It must be very wet. Yet open for player to use trolleys and churn up the place, yet we have introduced bluddy mats for the first time ever. I just don't get it.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
With winter and snow on the horizon the prospect of more closures is very real. I think I might look at a points system again. A few round me have one. Or a return to Macc on a five day thing. Hmmmm

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Front nine only open today - carrying only.
All I've done today is go to the dentist.
Looking for a spot to get 9 holes in one afternoon fairly soon.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
View attachment 50364
Same tees but different heights marked, I’ve been using the top height, very annoying 🤬🤬
I only use the 70 mm tees. Makes no difference what markings are on there. I just use my little finger as a gauge for driver height. Everything else then the ball is only just off the grass when on the tee. Just like a perfect lie on a fairway.

stevieb15

Hacker
Visit site
For the first time in my 22 years membership we have been closed for 3 or 4 odd days due to course flooding, previously we’ve had fog and low cloud and of course snow but never that much rain.
Next day no restrictions including buggies but this year really has been a massive outlier.