Golf Random Irritations

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
A guy I know wilfully filling his newly acquired igolf handicap with really bad general play scores "ready to play" pairs Opens next season with another mate of his who is doing the same.. I wonder if anyone at England Golf looks at these?

He's heading for mid upper 20s HI, and I reckon he's a 10-12 at worse!

Hey, it's growing the game! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Why single out iGolf members? The option to submit limitless General Play scores is open to 'ordinary club members' as well. I played a Mizuno Pairs event this year in which our playing partners (golf club members) gleefully admitted that all their handicap scores were General Play and they didn't enter any club competitions.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Why single out iGolf members? The option to submit limitless General Play scores is open to 'ordinary club members' as well. I played a Mizuno Pairs event this year in which our playing partners (golf club members) gleefully admitted that all their handicap scores were General Play and they didn't enter any club competitions.
At least Club Members will/should have a Handical Committee who can look out for things like this.
It undoubtedly goes on but it'll be much easier to spot and deal with compared to the igolf system.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
At least Club Members will/should have a Handical Committee who can look out for things like this.
It undoubtedly goes on but it'll be much easier to spot and deal with compared to the igolf system.

Was the point I was making. Whereas handicap committees vary from the excellent to ineffective, nothing can only do nothing.

D-S

Visit site
Was the point I was making. Whereas handicap committees vary from the excellent to ineffective, nothing can only do nothing.
There is an iGolf handicap committee and apparently they do conduct reviews however I assume gathering non qualifying data and peer commentary must be a bit on the tricky side with over 40,000 players to look after.
I certainly know that locally, the larger multi course clubs with more of a transient membership have great difficulty in collating evidence and applying the WHS rules re penalty scores etc. just due to the sheer volume of work and the lack of peer review. They try but freely admit that they can’t do the task as well as they would like.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Course Closed.
I'm thinking Thursday 9th might be my first game this month.
Had the dogs out over some local fields this morning. The amount of standing water compared with a few days ago is incredible.

If it ever stops raining, it’s going to take a long long time to dry out. I think we will be lucky to be playing in a couple of weeks.

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
Submitting loads of General Play scores isn’t breaking any rules, how does a Handicap Committee ‘deal with’ a member who does so?
The only restriction that I can think of, would be for the Terms of the Competition to include a requirement that a player must have x number of qualifying scores from a competition in their EG handicap record. And that isn’t easily discernible without looking at each players record.
We use IG, and that system doesn’t allow the ‘must have x qualifying scores’ option for Open competitions, and even for internal club competitions it only counts those entered via the IG platform, it doesn’t access the EG WHS record so doesn’t pick up GP scores via the EG App.

Last edited:

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have anew putter to try out and the course is closed.
I t5ried it on my carpet ........................ but there isn't a lot of break to worry about.
I saw every putt as slightly straight!

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Slight Frost this morning which meant teeing off mats and winter greens, gaining nothing apart from a hit and getting your steps up, could be a long winter!!

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Had the dogs out over some local fields this morning. The amount of standing water compared with a few days ago is incredible.

If it ever stops raining, it’s going to take a long long time to dry out. I think we will be lucky to be playing in a couple of weeks.
Absolutely tipping down right now. Having doubts that I'll get even one game in this month.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Supposed golf mates, going for a game together and sending me pics of them playing. (This was a couple of months ago and it still rankles with me). Was not impressed at all. Go on throw in the usual attacks.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Supposed golf mates, going for a game together and sending me pics of them playing. (This was a couple of months ago and it still rankles with me). Was not impressed at all. Go on throw in the usual attacks.

Do you mean you couldn't go.....

Or you weren't asked 😳

Golfnut1957

Visit site
I'm almost over the idea of every course in the region being closed forever because of rain. I can live with it because I can get my fix at the driving range.

Oh no you can't, they are all closed due to saturated conditions.

The good news however is the sun is shinning, and the forecast is reasonable. The bad news is the good forecasts have a way of turning bad.

Time to walk the dog.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I really like under armour trousers. However they have been difficult to find in my size

eBay had some, placed the order. They sent the wrong leg size.

Wouldn't mind if they were at a bargain price but full price? God sake. One job guys