Golf Random Irritations

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
i am selling my 7 wood and within an hour of the ad going live i had a message asking how much i wanted for it. I tell you what, make a bid or use the make an offer function
I reply to those messages with a silly high amount. Very rarely do I get a response 😁

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
i am selling my 7 wood and within an hour of the ad going live i had a message asking how much i wanted for it. I tell you what, make a bid or use the make an offer function
How much do you want fo.......oh, never mind. You stand on the wrong side of the ball....:rolleyes:;)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just got my first 'Black November' sale email. This whole thing is really out of hand. Started off as one Friday in America now it's all month over here?

NearHull

Visit site
A guy I know wilfully filling his newly acquired igolf handicap with really bad general play scores "ready to play" pairs Opens next season with another mate of his who is doing the same.. I wonder if anyone at England Golf looks at these?

He's heading for mid upper 20s HI, and I reckon he's a 10-12 at worse!

Hey, it's growing the game! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Which is why we don’t allow IGolf players into out opens.

Zig

Visit site
@Zig I know Seaton was open today, according to the website you had a bunker out of play on the 1st :rolleyes: Did you play and if so what sort of condition is it in considering the rain we have had.

Our 11th and 12th have an amazing collection of wild fowl on them.
Hi... sorry for the delayed reply.
It's great at the minute in fairness. The bunker is out of play cos we've had a delivery of sand to top up the pair of bunkers near the first green (and it's piled in the bunker).
You wouldn't know it's rained though.... you'll walk off without anything in your spikes etc, and I don't think you'll see any standing water anywhere. Just very lucky to be built on sand. :) Think it's hard getting a tee time at the moment though....

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
As a footnote to the earlier moan about selling stuff on Marketplace...

Really nice bloke showed up and paid full asking price ..

...then hour later a guy who's been messing about since Friday wants to come round at 8pm to buy it for £40 less than I got for it.

Going to take huge delight in telling him he's missed the boat!😁

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Course closed today, that's 12 days out of the last 14 it's been shut.

Lots more rain to come over the next week, God knows how long it will be before it's fit to play.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Course closed today, that's 12 days out of the last 14 it's been shut.

Lots more rain to come over the next week, God knows how long it will be before it's fit to play.
It's the whole of the North East, just about every course is closed with only the likes of Seaton, Cleveland, South Shields and other coastal courses open. As I said earlier even Hartlepool is closed and it never closes for rain.

As you say, with the current forecast it is impossible to predict when they will start opening. I'm turning into a total range rat, which isn't a bad thing as the swing is getting nicely grooved and the chipping is coming on swimmingly.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Only November and already having to carry and today we have 3 temp greens. Big storm hitting us on the south coast today/tonight so probably no golf at the weekend. On the plus side the storm might take out some more of the leylandi

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
It's the whole of the North East, just about every course is closed with only the likes of Seaton, Cleveland, South Shields and other coastal courses open. As I said earlier even Hartlepool is closed and it never closes for rain.

As you say, with the current forecast it is impossible to predict when they will start opening. I'm turning into a total range rat, which isn't a bad thing as the swing is getting nicely grooved and the chipping is coming on swimmingly.
Talking of the range reminds me of an irritation yesterday.

Booked the range for 3pm and turned up a few minutes beforehand. 3 middle aged blokes walked in in front of me, carrying a few clubs.

They get to the desk and ask politely for 100 balls. The guy behind the desk asks if they have booked? They hadn't and he took great pleasure in smugly telling them that they should have booked online, and the range was fully booked until 5pm.

They trudged off. I paid my money, walked through to find the range was about a third full (there are 30 bays).

It was much the same when I finished.

Two things which annoyed me

1. The booking system is flawed as you don't pay when you book, so they get loads of no-shows (especially when it's chucking down like it was yesterday)

2. The guy in the shop would have been well aware of the above, and could have easily advised them to hold on for 10 minutes to see if there were any no-shows (which was very likely)

End result was 3 disappointed customers and a loss of income for the range.

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I know exactly how you feel, however, I am planning on having a lesson from a putting coach sometime over the winter.
I just hope he doesn't convince me that my putter's wrong.
Hopefully it's just me.
A putting lesson does help. I went for one a few months ago at Precision Golf and after he had attached a load of sensors to my putter & watched me hit about 15 putts, his first comment was that a new putter wouldn't help & he preceded to rip my technique apart - at least he was honest & didn't try & sell me a Scotty.
However, after he showed me the data & the videos, it did show that what he said was true and then he told me what to change & how to improve. What he showed me has helped though and my putting has been a lot more consistent.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We have a buggy route which means having to walk to my ball. Sometimes means a 50 yard walk there and a 50 yard walk back, 4 times on one par 5

I swear blind I saw it go in to a certain dip and went armed with a club for the distance only find it was in a dip 30 yards further back. The shot came up 25 yards short ( I was not walking back to get the correct club)

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just got my first 'Black November' sale email. This whole thing is really out of hand. Started off as one Friday in America now it's all month over here?

Massive con aswell. Over in the states it a proper thing. Real deals .. bargains to be had

Over here it's old stock put up the week before and then sold almost the same price as 2 weeks before

Just boosting a low sales month when people either buy Xmas presents in December or have already done it before November

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Well....at least I picked a good time to get covid.
I know what you mean. I haven't got covid just a heavy cold, but I do have my twin 5-year-old grandsons as it's half-term and my golfing buddy is away for the week, and I have new grips to fit, so all in all not a bad time at all.

I would still have played if they opened it ;)

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Things must be bad out there...
Anyone daft enough to be playing at my place today will be carrying.....
Can't see it being any different tomorrow or Saturday either..loads more rain to come..

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site

And it really is detrimental in some cases. I have a couple of things i need to buy (not golf related, need some new pans etc) which I would have quite happily purchased but knowing that there is a chance of some form of discount later this month, I have put the purchases off to see what happens.