Golf Random Irritations

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Mine is about the professIonal game, so obvious when televised…I’d like to see caddies only carrying clubs and attending flags, I don’t want them reading putts, or telling the player the line into the green, the distance, the club and how to hit the shot, if the player can’t do this him or her self get another job! if no other benefit we might start to see the odd two or three ball get around in less than four hours.
So you don't really want caddies at all, just personal servants? 😄

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
A good friend getting two RC tickets from his son for tomorrow, and my friend doesn’t even play the game…but is going as it’s a good excuse for a short trip to Rome with his Mrs.

Though as they have got a lot of rubbish going on in life they deserve it - and so actually I’m dead pleased for them.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Pro put on our WhatsApp that he was now taking bookings for end of season scramble. Next year's captain put on he'd got a slot and was after three player to join. I jumped in with two others. All good. A bit later he put on that he'd was now going to join the captain, after an invite, on the first tee along with one of our three. Oh cheers mate. You've got a better offer so stuff the other two lads. Well good luck with your captaincy next year, he's still without a named vice captain, with that sort of attitude dumping people who have joined up with him, he deserves everything he's gonna get, and it will be a nasty rocket from me when we meet up. And the club will be £900 quid short next year as well.

sjw

Visit site
Waiting a week for my initial cards to be put into the system, only to find that, on two of them, the front 9 is totally wrong!!

Don't get me wrong, I'm buzzing to apparently be a 13.6!! But the "lowest" is 8 shots better off than I actually shot. The other incorrect card is the correct differential (assuming that triple bogey is the max?) But they've still messed it up somehow. Guess I'm going in to the club tomorrow!

sunshine

Visit site
The bunkers at my new club. They have been re-done this summer - which is great. Or is it? The amount of sand they've poured in them is an absolute joke and makes them practically unplayable more often than not as the ball will be plugged so deep in the sand that you can barely see it.

Do we have any greenkeepers here? If so, is it standard practice that you add too much sand and that it settle/sits down eventually? There are quite literally dunes within the bunkers where you can dig your heels down 6-7 inches to take your stance.
Yes they settle down. Takes a while for the sand to become more compact.

TheHeron

Visit site
Having probably a 75% success rate with Toptracer actually tracking the ball for the first half hour of my session tonight! 😡

Big one for me that. I finish every session with 2 goes on the approach challenge and at least half of my pitch shots never get picked up. Beyond frustrating when the only one it decides to notice is the only shank of the day :mad:

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Wife away next weekend could have fitted golf in Sat & Sun.

Course closed Sat why Daily Mail Foursomes qualifier. I don’t like foursomes at the best of times. I certainly don’t want to qualify for something that makes me play it more. I definitely don’t want to be associated with that hate filled rag of a paper.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
After multiple time wasters and an eBay sale but return I have finally broken and flogged my old Irons to Golfbidder instead.

TheHeron

Visit site
Groups that turn the 18th into a ceremony ground for saying there congratulations and goodbyes. Ludicrous.

Also, lack of bells on holes with blind tee shots. Why?!