Golf Random Irritations

Visit site

Wasn’t really sure where to post this.
Firstly - if anyone wants to get a better look at Hindhead, worth a watch (on mute)

I’ve no idea who this chap is but he doesn’t ever stop talking 🤣

The random irritations:
- He says “decided not to get a buggy today” when buggies are literally not available.
- the way he “repairs” his pitch marks makes me nauseous. Constantly talks about how amazing the greens and course conditioning is… And just thumps at his pitch mark with his putter 😩😩😩 Forum thoughts??

Edit: 3.13, 8.00 are good examples. He even comments on it 😩

Last edited:

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Firstly - if anyone wants to get a better look at Hindhead, worth a watch (on mute)

The random irritations:
- He says “decided not to get a buggy today” when buggies are literally not available.
- 99.9% sure the trolley is his - not rental from the club, as they have electric trolleys available
- the way he “repairs” his pitch marks makes me nauseous. Constantly talks about how amazing the greens and course conditioning is… And just thumps at his pitch mark with his putter 😩😩😩 Forum thoughts??
Watched up until the first hole and can’t believe any golfer would leave the pitch mark like he did when it is 6 inches from his ball. This should be reported to the club and hopefully he gets a ban

Visit site
Watched up until the first hole and can’t believe any golfer would leave the pitch mark like he did when it is 6 inches from his ball. This should be reported to the club and hopefully he gets a ban

It hurts my eyes 😂

Also he shoots “-5” but on the hole he gets let through (in the part 2 vid) he misses the green on SI 18, flubs his chip and hits a horrid putt. The one hole he couldn’t keep retaking the shots? Maybe I’m cynical 😂

Alan Clifford

Visit site
Trouble is I can see certain members at my old club almost literally exploding at the thought of being tagged. They will all be bandying about the term '1984' like they had actually read the book :)
I'd be quite happy to "share my location" on google maps or similar with anyone on the course if it would help with potential problems.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'd be quite happy to "share my location" on google maps or similar with anyone on the course if it would help with potential problems.

As would I, it could give a live feedback of how busy the course was and allow people to deal with hold ups. My old club had 3 loops of 9 so it would also have allowed the pro shop to use the live data to recommend which loop people started on to manage traffic. I think it would be superb for something as simple as putting a chip in your bag tag

D-S

Visit site
You could always do what they do at Ross on Wye, have bells on two consecutive holes.
We accidentally drove into the group in front having waited a suitable time on the 3rd tee and having heard a bell, only for this group to remonstrate with us when we got to the green and saying didn’t we know the bell we heard was from the 4th?!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
You could always do what they do at Ross on Wye, have bells on two consecutive holes.
We accidentally drove into the group in front having waited a suitable time on the 3rd tee and having heard a bell, only for this group to remonstrate with us when we got to the green and saying didn’t we know the bell we heard was from the 4th?!
That really is dumb. The club might as well save money on bells and just have one situated in between the two fairways that you use for both. 😆

D-S

Visit site
We played a course in France this year which had a bind drive and they had a red traffic light just in front of the tee - you pushed a button and it lit up and stayed on for 8 minutes. Seemed like a good system but not if you have a group in front waiting for a painfully another slow group to exit the green.
Best solution I have seen was at Pinehurst Number 8, they had a small box by the tee which housed a small LCD screen which showed via a camera a clear of the fairway in front.

Visit site
Rye and Broadstone both operate a traffic light system. Pretty simple… You don’t tee off until the light is green, the light goes green when the group in front pushes the button which is half way down the fairway.

Once you’ve tee’d off, you push the button on the tee to change it to red.

sjw

Visit site
Rye and Broadstone both operate a traffic light system. Pretty simple… You don’t tee off until the light is green, the light goes green when the group in front pushes the button which is half way down the fairway.

Damn, why didn't I think of that... :p

YandaB

Visit site
Played a course sometime this summer where there were clearly 2 bells sounding different notes. Once you know which is which it's fine, as a visitor I had no idea.

Reactions: D-S

D-S

Visit site

This is seemingly a good idea, but when I play Rye quite often the group in front, especially visitors, forget to push the button.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Buttons, bells...it all relying on people remembering to do it.
We have a bell on our 3rd - at leastb50% of the time it doesn't get rung..despite there being notices on the tee and by the bell.
In truth we need one on our 6th as well but it's not a million miles from the 3rd tee and it could heard as being the bell on the 3rd...

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm due to be playing at my old club tomorrow in an invitation day. There is a band of rain coming across, submerging southern Scotland and it looks as though we are going to catch the tip of it. Just go that little bit further up, go on.......

My wife has decided that we are both going to follow a Joe Wicks program. So far so good, until last night whilst doing a stretching set of exercises. I did a plank for 30 seconds and now my left shoulder is aching quite painfully. Now it might not matter for golf tomorrow, see above, but I'd survived two workouts without issue and it was the gentle stretching that did for me :rolleyes:

Visit site

The random irritations:

Edit: 3.13, 8.00 are good examples. He even comments on it 😩

The club is already aware of this video 👀

D

Deleted member 1740

Was looking forward to my foursomes match tomorrow but it's postponed now as an opponent is injured. Oh well.
This is a major irritation of mine. I've stopped entering pairs comps like this at my previous clubs, too many people postponing with very little notice. Hope you've got the time left to play it otherwise i would be claiming the match.