Golf Random Irritations

TheHeron

Visit site
Overly protective, grumpy members. Sick of being eyed up and down in the bar when I go get a post round drink or feeling I have to show a receipt to prove that my trainers AREN'T golf shoes. This one poison dwarf of a committee member is known for harassing visitors at my local. He once gave my dad a dressing down because his trousers where too short. Pathetic.

Got no issue with following the 'rules', but gimpy little autocrats like that are what's poisoning people away from the game.

Crumplezone

Visit site
Overly protective, grumpy members. Sick of being eyed up and down in the bar when I go get a post round drink or feeling I have to show a receipt to prove that my trainers AREN'T golf shoes. This one poison dwarf of a committee member is known for harassing visitors at my local. He once gave my dad a dressing down because his trousers where too short. Pathetic.

Got no issue with following the 'rules', but gimpy little autocrats like that are what's poisoning people away from the game.
Or need to show a receipt to prove your golf shoes aren't trainers.

HeftyHacker

Visit site

Earlier this years our greens chairman bollocked a visitor for using an iron off the first tee - for context it's a 320 yard par 4 with a kind of raised road at about 210 yards that can leave you with an awkward lie 15 yards before and after it - so an iron is a perfectly legitimate choice.

He was out of control earlier in the year. Thankfully enough members and visitors complained and he now has to answer to a greens committee and had a lot of course decisions taken solely out of his hands.

AddisonRoad

Visit site
Earlier this years our greens chairman bollocked a visitor for using an iron off the first tee - for context it's a 320 yard par 4 with a kind of raised road at about 210 yards that can leave you with an awkward lie 15 yards before and after it - so an iron is a perfectly legitimate choice.

He was out of control earlier in the year. Thankfully enough members and visitors complained and he now has to answer to a greens committee and had a lot of course decisions taken solely out of his hands.

Hectic - what was the visitor's response?

Golfnut1957

Visit site
The Solheim Cup opening ceremony.
I never watch opening ceremonies, none, not the Ryder Cup, world cups nor Olympics, they bore the living daylights out of me.

I'm currently watching France annihilate Namibia and Wist Am in Europe huff and puff against some team that I have never heard of.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I keep rereading this to see if I've missed something. On what basis was he giving grief? (I get there is no rational answer but I'm still intrigued)

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Hectic - what was the visitor's response?

Was understandably hacked off and told the pro he was never coming back after his round.

I keep rereading this to see if I've missed something. On what basis was he giving grief? (I get there is no rational answer but I'm still intrigued)

For taking a divot on the tee apparently. From what I've heard the visitor looked a decent golfer and not like he'd gouged it to pieces.

The guy is losing it based on some of the stuff he's tried this year.

TheHeron

Visit site
Was understandably hacked off and told the pro he was never coming back after his round.

For taking a divot on the tee apparently. From what I've heard the visitor looked a decent golfer and not like he'd gouged it to pieces.

The guy is losing it based on some of the stuff he's tried this year.

Beyond ridiculous. Can't blame the guy for not wanting to come back. As I said it's people like that which are poisoning the game for newer players. I love this game so much but the elitist, sanctimonious nature that it sometimes fosters in certain people really gets my back up. I'd like to think it will disappear in a few decades but I have my doubts sometimes.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
People who put Align grips on adjustable fairways and drivers...unless they're Callaways.
Acquired a fairway that was set in a weird setting and then an Align grip put on.
Got it into the setting I want and the red stripe is staring me in the face..... :rolleyes:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
People who put Align grips on adjustable fairways and drivers...unless they're Callaways.
Acquired a fairway that was set in a weird setting and then an Align grip put on.
Got it into the setting I want and the red stripe is staring me in the face..... :rolleyes:

I wish golf pride would make a 360 grip for undersize grips

I have this same issue if I change the settings

360 grips are so much better saves faffing

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My society insists on doing best 5 scores across the year

Hopefully next year I'll have a shot as I'll be at 8/10 events

This year I made 5 and my one bad score has just kept me off the table lol

Always ask for 4 best to count. Never heard of 5 before

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
At the range and hitting my hybrid sweet as a nut then crack.
Shaft is cracked down from the grip.
It’s a go to club as well, so will need it fixed asap 🙁🤬